• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Disco 2021. Do record dews continue?

Damage In Tolland

8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Nah, the summer two or three years ago blows this one away in my mind. My walls and banisters were sweating into October that year. Mold wanted to grow everywhere. I believe sites on Long Island obliterated their record for most hours with dews over 70. This one has been a walk in the park by comparison.

I think when stats are compared .. you’ll be very surprised. Just trust me 

2 hours ago, Hoth said:

Nah, the summer two or three years ago blows this one away in my mind. My walls and banisters were sweating into October that year. Mold wanted to grow everywhere. I believe sites on Long Island obliterated their record for most hours with dews over 70. This one has been a walk in the park by comparison.

Yeah what summer was that where it was warmest ever at BDL, mostly due to Mins… 2018?  That one was king I think.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So let’s try and understand this . Are you saying this summer was not humid?  No high dews right? Just prepping my charts 

Saying you as usual overestimated the dews days and it was not a record dew year as you said over and over.  But we tried to tell you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you polled people they will to a man remember this as the most humid summer they’ve lived thru .

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So let’s try and understand this . Are you saying this summer was not humid?  No high dews right? Just prepping my charts 

There’s certainly some room between those statements.  Like a snowy winter where someone says “that was the snowiest winter we’ve lived through!”

“No it wasn’t, let me show you, a few years ago there was more.”

“So you’re saying it didn’t snow this year?  No snowstorms at all right?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Come Monday or Tuesday.. this is going to be fun. 

Enjoy the weekend folks 

All ball busting aside, it felt like a humid summer.  But most summer's feel humid to me and it's very hard to quantify it so we use data where we can.  I would wager it may have a higher than normal number of big dews w/ heat up here.  We have drier heat quite a bit in the mountain valleys, where hot days have dews in the low-60s.  But in order to have healthy precip amounts (and likely some wet ground feedback into the bottom 2-meter level) this time of year, you need some Td.  The recent stretch has been rough, it was full high-end summer.  Sort of like winter has a minimum side, this was summer's peak IMO.

4 hours ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Why are there so many dew deniers on here? It was clearly a muggy summer, and there has been a distinct lack of crisp days. Where are my sub-60 DPs? We don’t need records shattered to call this like it is.

No shit, just wasn't the warmest most humid summer ever like some try to claim. Context matters