joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

8 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And another huge downpour moving thru here now 

Heaviest rain this month here was at like 630 this morning.  Deluge

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

at some point this month we'll be dealing with wildfire smoke aloft

Flying out to Tahoe now.  As the plane lifted above the clouds into the sun I expected to hear high pitched angelic singing.  But yeah hopefully we don't get a different kind of OVC out there.

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

84/83 for me.  Zzzz. 

This.  Zero heatwave.  A couple of those days were rainy and hovering in the 60s before a brief spike to mid 80s and then more rain.  The high+low/2 method is a dramatic overestimate of the integrated average this month.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No one has used our pool since July 4.  I haven’t since the 1st

I am in mine every day, cleaning and doing back exercises. In between rains. Haven't had any kids or friends over to swim though. Bummer for beach peeps. This weekend looks brutal

• Like 1

Was talking to a farmer today whose fields are a mess. Never seen it this bad in the 55 years he has owned his farm. Worried about fungus. He did tell me that since vegetables have such shallow roots to make sure to fertilize regularly because all the heavy rain washes the top soil microbes and nutrients deep into the soil. So even though my soil is damp I did miracle gro treatments 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I think the ship is sailing for a +3 to +4 AN July. We’re almost halfway through the month with these departures and standard deviations run low this time of year. 

Would need to run 8-10° AN for tomorrow thru 7/31 to get there, or the hottest 2.5 weeks in my 24 summers, by far.  Sell

3 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yo Wiz ...I think with the recent guidance attempting to spill the theta-e surplussed ... global warming ( :arrowhead: ) sector over the western elevations tomorrow, that may help some convective numbers.

Anyone caught in negative CAPE production probably gets water boarded in blue-green marine rain cores for starters.  Probably wet outflow winds

I'm sure we will spit out some good CAPE numbers tomorrow...SBCAPE anyways. Lift to me tomorrow looks pretty subpar and actually even some hints at some subsidence behind the passage of the morning s/w with the warm front lifting north. 

We will certainly see some sorts tomorrow but aerial coverage should be pretty limited and what does form could certainty produce some localized damaging wind gusts. 

16 minutes ago, kdxken said:

How would anyone notice it's been so cold?

When dewpoints remain 65 or higher for weeks? I mean .. unless your’re drunk or high .. you notice the second you walk outside.. or your AC breaks and you have to  call 911 to be driven by ambulance to the ER for emergency sheet removal surgery . Just because it’s not 90, doesn’t mean it’s humid and sticky 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When dewpoints remain 65 or higher for weeks? I mean .. unless your’re drunk or high .. you notice the second you walk outside.. or your AC breaks and you have to  call 911 to be driven by ambulance to the ER for emergency sheet removal surgery . Just because it’s not 90, doesn’t mean it’s humid and sticky 

I did read about that on the front page of the globe. Many many people in the ICU with sweat exhaustion.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Dews have been 65 or lower as with temps. Worst July ever continues.