Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

we had some trees go down here after the PRE and Elsa-it wasnt wind as we really had none-almost like the tree just got waterlogged and fell over.

There were several trees down blocking the road to the summit of East Rock this weekend. I'm assuming rain was to blame. Either that or we had a ninja-nado.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m leaning more NW but sure maybe weaken shit moves in. I’m hoping Stein. Enough is enough. I never thought I’d have to deal with rot in July. 

When we’re at 9-11+ in 12 days. Let’s break records. 17” is all time rainiest month in Aug 55’. Let’s break that . Why not go F’ing Yore on em ?

On 7/7/2021 at 3:25 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

What a special summer unfolding 

Who’ll stop the rain? No one, apparently

As one of the rainiest Julys on record continues -- with the month not even half over -- our plans are in the dumps.

How bad is it? There are two ways to answer the question. One is with actual weather statistics. June broke records because it was so hot. This has been the third wettest July ever recorded in Boston, and the month is not even half over. August was the muggiest the universe has ever seen. Oh, wait, August hasn’t happened yet. But just wait.

The other way to measure the lousy weather is to observe our plummeting expectations. On the radio, anchors sound downright cheery when they report what would typically be a disappointing forecast. “Rain to start but just clouds later!” they chirp. People have started saying things like, “At least we’re not in a drought,” or, “the West is even worse off.”

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/07/12/metro/wholl-stop-rain-no-one-apparently/?event=event12

• Like 1

Got down to the swamp in NE CT, hit rain on the drive as soon as we crossed the Mass border from VT.

In North Woodstock at like 750-800ft I think (can’t be far from @DavisStraight as we are only a mile from the Southbridge line)… misty, maybe some drizzle and low clouds kissing the treetops.  Very jungle-like, half expect a gorilla to walk out of the woods.  Tons of standing water on the dirt road in here and the pond is even over some docks lol.

My dad has a crude/simple rain gauge and he thinks he’s at 11-12” in like the last two weeks.  One time the 6” gauge was overflowing this week.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Got down to the swamp in NE CT, hit rain on the drive as soon as we crossed the Mass border from VT.

In North Woodstock at like 750-800ft I think (can’t be far from @DavisStraight as we are only a mile from the Southbridge line)… misty, maybe some drizzle and low clouds kissing the treetops.  Very jungle-like, half expect a gorilla to walk out of the woods.  Tons of standing water on the dirt road in here and the pond is even over some docks lol.

My dad has a crude/simple rain gauge and he thinks he’s at 11-12” in like the last two weeks.  One time the 6” gauge was overflowing this week.

Welcome to Tolland!

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

Another farm in my town. Pick you own vegetables and kayaking.

corn1.jpg

corn2.jpg

They engineer all these geomorphologies to conserve hydro and they work reasonably well in ranges from low, to on point climate … but unfortunately, that doesn’t stop being proficient when in surplus. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

While you down take a ride down Rt 198 to Chaplin and just before the Fire Station on Left is Diana’s Pool; there and the West Thompson Dam pretty neat places when there is high water.