Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Was talking to a farmer today whose fields are a mess. Never seen it this bad in the 55 years he has owned his farm. Worried about fungus. He did tell me that since vegetables have such shallow roots to make sure to fertilize regularly because all the heavy rain washes the top soil microbes and nutrients deep into the soil. So even though my soil is damp I did miracle gro treatments 

I know lots of commercial farmers in the valley, ground crops are starting to become a major concern. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

What results?

My vision.  First returns cautiously indicate success but the intracameral meds injected behind the IOL delay the gratification by a few days frequently.  Awake the whole time-kind of like half a dose of colonoscopy sedation.  Brilliant surgeon-was admiring his technique from the patient eye view.  I did do the stupid thing and took a slow 1 mile walk about an hour ago.  I wanted to make sure it was fully light to minimize unseen obstacles.  I was a bit shaky when I got home.  Should be ok tomorrow or the next day.  By then hopefully we get a few half decent days...

TERRIBLE. 

Went to go on a Poke walk since I hatched an egg walking to the mailbox and I equipped another egg which needs 12km distance to hatch. Well I completed a special research set and the next set popped up...one of the tasks is to hatch 3 eggs...I JUST EQUIPT a 12-km egg...that could take multiple days of walking to complete (especially with this weather). I guess I could by a multiple incubator thing. 

But as soon as I start my walk...drizzle...then the drizzle became heavier...my hair got wet glasses got wet, phone got wet which made it hard to spin the balls, my shirt got wet, and my pants. Absolutely freaking awful. Then this weekend is going to be trash. THIS IS JULY NOT NOVEMBER

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

My tomato and various pepper plants are thriving . I planted 6 tomato plants of various species and 6 pepper plants and all of them are loaded with fruit . It’s been great not having to water them since the dry early - mid May period . Lawns that have been properly fertilized look absolutely amazing . Embrace things that you enjoy and make you happy . The complaining posters should look for positives 

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

TERRIBLE. 

Went to go on a Poke walk since I hatched an egg walking to the mailbox and I equipped another egg which needs 12km distance to hatch. Well I completed a special research set and the next set popped up...one of the tasks is to hatch 3 eggs...I JUST EQUIPT a 12-km egg...that could take multiple days of walking to complete (especially with this weather). I guess I could by a multiple incubator thing. 

But as soon as I start my walk...drizzle...then the drizzle became heavier...my hair got wet glasses got wet, phone got wet which made it hard to spin the balls, my shirt got wet, and my pants. Absolutely freaking awful. Then this weekend is going to be trash. THIS IS JULY NOT NOVEMBER

Are you complaining? You should look for the positives.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

My tomato and various pepper plants are thriving . I planted 6 tomato plants of various species and 6 pepper plants and all of them are loaded with fruit . It’s been great not having to water them since the dry early - mid May period . Lawns that have been properly fertilized look absolutely amazing . Embrace things that you enjoy and make you happy . The complaining posters should look for positives 

Our regular tomato plants and lawn are good. 

I'm probably the only one on the boards that is happy.  I have had much less rain than most of you but finally having a mid summer without wilting gardens and brown grass.  4.50" ish for July has been super.  I will take another heavy thunderstorm or two and then it can stop.

Nice to have windows wide open.  Very refreshing out there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

TERRIBLE. 

Just lost 2 minutes of my life trying to wrap my mind around this farmers husbandry trick to hatch chickens

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When dewpoints remain 65 or higher for weeks? I mean .. unless your’re drunk or high .. you notice the second you walk outside.. or your AC breaks and you have to  call 911 to be driven by ambulance to the ER for emergency sheet removal surgery . Just because it’s not 90, doesn’t mean it’s humid and sticky 

Now that I’m like a couple towns over from you I think you are more drunk than before.

My folks have central AC and haven’t used it in a week or more. My wife’s in a hoodie and long pants, ha.

What do you notice the second you walk outside?  It’s damp and cool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Now that I’m like a couple towns over from you I think you are more drunk than before.

My folks have central AC and haven’t used it in a week or more. My wife’s in a hoodie and long pants, ha.

Lolz!

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

With dews in the mid and upper 60’s? That’s insane . Is she wasted ? Damp and humid. You don’t gown up with winter clothes in humid weather lol

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

My vision.  First returns cautiously indicate success but the intracameral meds injected behind the IOL delay the gratification by a few days frequently.  Awake the whole time-kind of like half a dose of colonoscopy sedation.  Brilliant surgeon-was admiring his technique from the patient eye view.  I did do the stupid thing and took a slow 1 mile walk about an hour ago.  I wanted to make sure it was fully light to minimize unseen obstacles.  I was a bit shaky when I got home.  Should be ok tomorrow or the next day.  By then hopefully we get a few half decent days...

Hope everything turns out ok

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When dewpoints remain 65 or higher for weeks? I mean .. unless your’re drunk or high .. you notice the second you walk outside.. or your AC breaks and you have to  call 911 to be driven by ambulance to the ER for emergency sheet removal surgery . Just because it’s not 90, doesn’t mean it’s humid and sticky 

Haven't had my AC on for 2 days it was 65 this morning in the house and not muggy. 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

With dews in the mid and upper 60’s? That’s insane . Is she wasted ? Damp and humid. You don’t gown up with winter clothes in humid weather lol

Everyone on this board, and on tv, and in the NWS, wants to hold New Englanders to Louisiana standards for Dew Point. I've been doing a lot of runs in this 65 deg / 63 dp weather, and let me tell you, it is a total soaking. Absolutely nuked with sweat and dew. RELATIVE humidity is still a thing. We don't have to wait until dews reach 70 to call it muggy. I hate when the TV mets call 62 dp, a touch muggy, a bit humid, etc. It's DANK and JUICED. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Everyone on this board, and on tv, and in the NWS, wants to hold New Englanders to Louisiana standards for Dew Point. I've been doing a lot of runs in this 65 deg / 63 dp weather, and let me tell you, it is a total soaking. Absolutely nuked with sweat and dew. RELATIVE humidity is still a thing. We don't have to wait until dews reach 70 to call it muggy. I hate when the TV mets call 62 dp, a touch muggy, a bit humid, etc. It's DANK and JUICED. 

Yes. The only folks that don’t think it’s humid are non exercise folks. And that’s not a knock on them not exercising. But the definition of humid is 60 or above. Anyone posting about grabbing jeans and sweatshirts when it’s 67/66 because they feel cold is drinking very heavily . You grab those types of things when it’s 61/40

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Lmao

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yes. The only folks that don’t think it’s humid are non exercise folks. And that’s not a knock on them not exercising. But the definition of humid is 60 or above. Anyone posting about grabbing jeans and sweatshirts when it’s 67/66 because it cold is drinking very heavily . You grab those types of things when it’s 61/40

Lol well most if us don't have to sweat out multiple IPAs every morning.  I chainsawed and worked in the garden all day and guaranteed did more work than you did all day. Runners sweat in the winter lol

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Sounds dangerous. Stay safe!

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Lol well most if us don't have to sweat out multiple IPAs every morning.  I chainsawed and worked in the garden all day and guaranteed did more work than you did all day. Runners sweat in the winter lol

So what exactly did you chainsaw? You’ve posted that you’ve had your Oaks taken down. So were you chainsawing your downed gutters or abandoned cars ? 

10 minutes ago, Weather_or_Not said:

Lol 62 dp gets you juiced, maybe need to see a Doctor 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

So what exactly did you chainsaw? You’ve posted that you’ve had your Oaks taken down. So were you chainsawing your downed gutters or abandoned cars ? 

Drunk? I have about 15 downed trees to cut up plus the oaks Eversource took down. Abandoned cars? This isn't your home town of Vernon. People take pride here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3