Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not ever get caught 2 miles from home in a sudden thunderstorm . That was absolutely terrifying running under trees . So many close lightning strikes. Power is out . That was crazy . Still shaking. It was flash, instant sizzle 

:damage:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Can you please post pics in the daylight tomorrow of the 15 downed trees? I’d just like to evaluate the scene .. to see how to attack it.

As promised some others are buried in lush forest in the back 4 acres. We saw. What's the plan? Chainsaw size. I particularly need help with the widow makers. They border the neighbors driveway and powerlines.

20210714_082515.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

As promised some others are buried in lush forest in the back 4 acres. We saw. What's the plan? Chainsaw size. I particularly need help with the widow makers. They border the neighbors driveway and powerlines.

20210714_082515.jpg

Those look like old cuts that the tree guys just left there when you had them taken down last year 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Those look like old cuts that the tree guys just left there when you had them taken down last year 

I told you dumb dumb I had to remove the Eversource tree they cut down in June geezuz you did get hit by lightning.  So whats the plan big boy. I know but would like your advice on the widow makers. Have you ever used a chainsaw and dropped a tree, be honest now.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not ever get caught 2 miles from home in a sudden thunderstorm . That was absolutely terrifying running under trees . So many close lightning strikes. Power is out . That was crazy . Still shaking. It was flash, instant sizzle 

What's interesting about that thunderstorm is how rogue it was ( seemingly targeted and intended may be a better description lol) ...

There is/was nothing else, anywhere else at the time.   That thing developed just west of HFD and moved precisely tracked to clip your location and run-rought ( here'e comes - get 'im).  Within 5 minutes of your return from that run, it was entirely vanished from the radar scope.  Nada. No sign there was ever anything there in so much as a level 1 green clump down stream.

https://weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KBOX&prod=BREF&bkgr=gray&endDate=20210714&endTime=-1&duration=4

I've had that happen though.  Cycling is a bitch.  Mile 16 and 8 to go ... blinding rain and flashes and hold-up under a bridge.  Get home and find that it was a three pixel 50 dbz micro-core that lasted precisely as long as I was going to be passing through that neighborhood.   I usually lay low the rest of that day knowing that God is throwing bolts at me.  Some people ignore the signs HAHA

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

I'd just leave the ones in the woods alone.  Why bother messing with those.  Only deal with the ones that could fall onto personal property and damage it.

Too much fuel in the woods. Last year in October the elderly neighbor emptied coals and started this fire. I saw it from my deck called FD and ran down and woke them up. Scary and too close. Going to remove as much fuel as possible this fall. Just getting stuff now on the edges

20201004_210910-1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What's interesting about that thunderstorm is how rogue it was ... There is/was nothing else, anywhere.   That thing developed just west of HFD and moved precisely tracked to clip your location, and within ( guessin' by rad loop..) 5 minutes of your return from that run, it was almost entirely vanished from the radar scope.  Nada. No sign there was ever anything there in so much as a level 1 green clump down stream. It was as though the storm formed intended for your run  lol...

https://weather.rap.ucar.edu/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KBOX&prod=BREF&bkgr=gray&endDate=20210714&endTime=-1&duration=4

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As much as I love severe weather and everything that comes with it, it really is a helpless feeling when there’s so much lightning and you’ve got nowhere to hide 

My biggest fear. When I am at places watching storms come in (airport, golf course, open field) I am super conscious of the lightning. I usually stay quite close to my car and as soon as I either start seeing an increase in CG's or CG's get a bit closer I get inside the car. I remember one time (don't remember the year maybe like early 2010's) we had a severe thunderstorm move through West Hartford and my brother and I went on a walk to look for damage. We had waited until the storm well quite a distance away. All of a sudden we saw this insanely close CG which looked to hit something and we both freaked and just ran onto someone's porch for cover lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Man, ORH running a -4.3 departure through 13 days this month. 

Not 2009 levels but still pretty cold compared to recent years. 

We'll see if it holds.   I have a suspicion we finish +1 anyway ...which is a relative win for those that don't prefer summer, for a lot of reason. ha! 

It's the way in which these/those neg values got aggregated - it took a bizarre pattern anomaly to do it, with 594 dm ridge anomaly actually CAUSING a cold surface - using observed means that were probably pretty rarefied frankly.   It's almost (symbolic) as though it got so hot in the mid and upper troposphere that it caused things to flip by way of inverting the sounding too much.   But ... that odd timing of that surface high genesis and movement over the last 3 to ...jesus 4 days now, has really happened in a range depth of Rosby heights, both hydro and non hydro static, very seldom seen, and as a consequent, we sustained a cold low level jet right under some otherwise extraordinary warmth aloft.  Very strange -

Talks about faking cold.  Whatever it takes to keep balance the climate loading.  I have mused this in the past... Usually when you have a striking climate departure, usually start seeing a counter/mirror or diametric balance emerge, whether in short extremeness, or in aggregate...usually not too far away.  Sometimes that does take awhile when it is the aggregate form.    Put it this way...if we were -2 for July ( also very plausible...), and -3 for august, we were average for summer. But the sensible impact for summer enthusiasts was a gip-job shirked piece of shit stolen season.   

Same bullshit happens in winter.  All a season's worth of snow eggs laid down in two storms in CC PWAT mass, then it never snows again.  Average year? 

Just making zamples... But, June was staggeringly warm here.   I don't know if that is sustainable for a summer- intuition tells us no anyway.  I don't know if July can manage to sustain -4 when it took the above rareness to get it that cold, and there is still two weeks remaining... and that base-line heights are positive through the end of the month in the ens means of all.   It'll be interesting.

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Too much fuel in the woods. Last year in October the elderly neighbor emptied coals and started this fire. I saw it from my deck called FD and ran down and woke them up. Scary and too close. Going to remove as much fuel as possible this fall. Just getting stuff now on the edges

20201004_210910-1.jpg

Leave the widowmakers. The angle is too steep to undercut and hope for a fall. If what they're leaning on is dead  you can take down both at once but that's a tree fellers no no.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Leave the widowmakers. The angle is too steep to undercut and hope for a fall. If what they're leaning on is dead  you can take down both at once but that's a tree fellers no no.

Lol I know just asking Kev. My plan is to drop the first one which is on a different tree and rope it over. Then the second one will be no problem. The third widow maker will be easy as it is a free fall only held up by small branches. The 2 need to come down because of proximity to neighbors power lines. Probably never told you but I worked for my late brother in laws logging company from age 16 to 21 in the fall after lifeguard season was over. Lol he hired a guy who came out with me and almost dropped a tree on my head, I asked him how many trees he had dropped before. He said counting this one, 1. Lol Needless to say he was put on brush duty very quickly. 

Cloudy manky shitty out 71 /68

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

20201004_210910-1.jpg

Couple of Darwin winners right there.  Idiots.