Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When I left at 4:50 I looked one last time and it was a small downpour over Farmington. As I got about a mile into the run lightning started increasing and within minutes was constant.  I really wasn’t sure what to do. There were no houses where I was on route 74

Glad you made it.  Lightning and wind were the only two conditions I hated running in. (For different reasons)

28 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Pouring rain sucks pretty bad too. Chafes the nipples.

Back in my heyday a long run would require vasoline be put around and on the nipples to minimize chafing.   Feet and toes also.   But being out in constant ctg nearby definitely takes the case for insanity.   Among the worst  and most helpless feelings.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As much as I love severe weather and everything that comes with it, it really is a helpless feeling when there’s so much lightning and you’ve got nowhere to hide 

That sucks dude but karma? You wanted the dews and storms so bad. Paid the piper on that one. Glad you are safe. Congrats on the .31 heard the thunder when it passed to my north.

22 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Back in my heyday a long run would require vasoline be put around and on the nipples to minimize chafing.   Feet and toes also.   But being out in constant ctg nearby definitely takes the case for insanity.   Among the worst  and most helpless feelings.

Taint too?

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

That sucks dude but karma? You wanted the dews and storms so bad. Paid the piper on that one. Glad you are safe. Congrats on the .31 heard the thunder when it passed to my north.

Every storm this summer has blown up as it moves in. It’s strange. Looks like another solid line moves thru state late day or evening 

39 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I certainly didn’t do that purposely. I always look at radar before I leave. It was a downpour that just blossomed into a huge lightning producer in minutes as it moved in.  The sky was orange , there was a bit of fog.. CG flashing all around. I honestly wondered to myself if this was it . Probably the fastest last mile home I’ve ever run 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I certainly didn’t do that purposely. I always look at radar before I leave. It was a downpour that just blossomed into a huge lightning producer in minutes as it moved in.  The sky was orange , there was a bit of fog.. CG flashing all around. I honestly wondered to myself if this was it . Probably the fastest last mile home I’ve ever run 

There was lightning west of HFD. It was producing for awhile.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Here's a link for you to check before you leave to run in the AM

https://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Like I said Kev and I had 84 and 85 helluva way to run a heat wave middle and end of the week. This is his data 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

How easy you forgot the heatwave middle and end of last week. Interesting 

Screenshot_20210713-164412_Chrome.jpg

14 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

84/83 for me.  Zzzz. 

14 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

2 hot muggy mid 80s does not a heat wave make. 

91/97/95 those 3 days at mi casa.

Most had a 3 day heatwave.

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do not ever get caught 2 miles from home in a sudden thunderstorm . That was absolutely terrifying running under trees . So many close lightning strikes. Power is out . That was crazy . Still shaking. It was flash, instant sizzle 

Got you one up.  I got got in a T-Storm up on the Crawford Path above the Lakes of the Clouds Hut up on the Mount Washington Dome.  Was with my dad and daughter at that time and it was the most terrifying experience.  Literally no where to hide.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

No 2 days. The days before and after were in the 70s.  Check around.  PvD Boston  HFD ORH all 70s even Norwood and Middleboro. Are you looking at July?

Nope. June 28th-30th.

Yesterday we were talking about the end of June heatwave.  Did I miss a change of week discussion?  Middle of week heat T-W.

Screenshot 2021-07-14 075237.png

16 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Got you one up.  I got got in a T-Storm up on the Crawford Path above the Lakes of the Clouds Hut up on the Mount Washington Dome.  Was with my dad and daughter at that time and it was the most terrifying experience.  Literally no where to hide.

I think I recall you mentioning that on here . It’s certainly a scary feeling . Just waiting for that next strike .