Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Discobs 2021

George BM

43 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Don’t take this as gospel, but I don’t think the cicadas get high enough to be seen by radar.  

If it can rain frogs, I think a storm could do it. ;) Yeah, that was a post in jest. That was an impressive storm that rolled through, all the way to...well I think that cell is still going.

6 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

What day next week does @CAPE say we need a stretch of dry? :P

Finally did get some rain overnight with the remnants of that second line, so I am on the board.

0.62"

I don't think I will be rooting for dry, unless there is a repeat of last summer when I had 8"+ for 3 straight months. Was a bit much. And the grass still fried lol.

• Like 1

Still looking good for a wet period coming up. Latest guidance, esp the GFS and CMC, really dig the h5 trough(and close it off) inducing a low that lifts up the coast on Sunday. 

If something like that verifies there would be more rain Sunday into Sunday night, esp for eastern parts of the region. CMC looks like the worst case, but would still salvage Monday at the beaches.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Finally did get some rain overnight with the remnants of that second line, so I am on the board.

0.62"

I don't think I will be rooting for dry, unless there is a repeat of last summer when I had 8"+ for 3 straight months. Was a bit much. And the grass still fried lol.

The radar last night looked you were getting hammered. I’d say I had well over an inch yesterday. Those were two big storms that rolled through here.

48 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The radar last night looked you were getting hammered. I’d say I had well over an inch yesterday. Those were two big storms that rolled through here.

Yeah it rained hard, with some rumbles of thunder. Had more impressive thunder from the earlier line that split and gave me nothing lol. Places not too far south of here got hammered pretty good.

Really need the rain after getting mostly missed yesterday with just 0.1.  Point/click for Friday and Friday night has total of 1.25 to 1.75, so using the Central MD rainfall formula (50% of the low end amount) yields about 0.6 which would be decent.  (That formula works for snow too).  I don't like seeing the thunderstorm language creeping in though -- we need stratiform rain to do well here.  T-storms will just dodge.

It better start raining tomorrow afternoon by 4pm or so. Don’t want anyone getting all grandiose about trying to get a baseball game in at 6pm so I have to miss my dinner reservation to go waste time watching warmups and then getting soaked.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

It better start raining tomorrow afternoon by 4pm or so. Don’t want anyone getting all grandiose about trying to get a baseball game in at 6pm so I have to miss my dinner reservation to go waste time watching warmups and then getting soaked.

we dont have a game again until next week. ill be hoping for rain before 4pm for you! 

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Is it time to ask for a dry pattern for your bog? :P

lol it has fully dried up. Pretty normal this year. I larvicide in March/early April, and no issues. No skeeters out there. Last year it never really did fully dry up with the insane rainfall amounts over here, so I ended up with some aggressive mid/late summer tiger mosquitoes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mappy said:

we dont have a game again until next week. ill be hoping for rain before 4pm for you! 

We got one of the games in yesterday and another today.  :-)  

Happy that they are able to have playoffs for Spring sports. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic