Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My parents had to put down our family dog today. Had him since I was in 6th grade... I’m 27 now.

He lived a long life, but never easy

Sorry dude. Saying goodbye to a furry family member is one of the toughest things to do.  I’ll always remember when my last dog told me it was time.  Came home from work one night and she didn’t greet me at the door for the first time in 13 years.  She was laying in the living room, tail still wagging but couldn’t get up and wouldn’t eat.  She knew.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

CT's positivity rate in last 24-hours...0.93% (206/22,265)!!! 

Hospitalizations down to 141

Yeah this thing decided to hit  us on the way out the door. My wife and daughter spiked a high fever and my wife and son a cough, now they're all improving. We have been cautious with the vaccine for several reasons ,thankfully this does not look to severely impact us going forward.  

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Told this to many people. The technology gap between where we are and where an interstellar capable civilization is --- Grand Canyon sized gap.

They would probably snatch a few humans off the surface, engineer a bio-weapon able to wipe us out. Sit back for a few months and then you have a perfect human free planet to take over with no resistance at all. Zero alien casualties. 

We're killing ourselves and the planet already without their intervention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Well, not too much different than mountain lion sightings in the Northeast. Lots of people claim to see them but not easy to get the camera out before they're gone.

The mountain lion would have to be holding 2 forms of government ID or they'll say it was a bobcat

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Told this to many people. The technology gap between where we are and where an interstellar capable civilization is --- Grand Canyon sized gap.

They would probably snatch a few humans off the surface, engineer a bio-weapon able to wipe us out. Sit back for a few months and then you have a perfect human free planet to take over with no resistance at all. Zero alien casualties. 

They would probably just view us as ants. We would not be very exciting to them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Just booked our Iceland flights. Hope the volcano is still going in August. 

went for a week in 2017 - spectacular place. stayed in AirBnB everywhere.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jonger said:

Nah it’s more likely that if they were at the other side of that sort of metaphoric techno gap ... they’d just pulse some form of sci fi energy weapon like a Romulan disruptor type thing and vaporize billions in blithe ... couple hours.  

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Great Sox game tonight, JD with a  homer in the 9nth with 2 out.

That was awesome.  Barnes came through with the save even after getting a little wild there for a sec with Rowdy.  This team is fun to watch, best come from behind win of the season.

15 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Sorry dude. Saying goodbye to a furry family member is one of the toughest things to do.  I’ll always remember when my last dog told me it was time.  Came home from work one night and she didn’t greet me at the door for the first time in 13 years.  She was laying in the living room, tail still wagging but couldn’t get up and wouldn’t eat.  She knew.

Totally agree.  Abby the Lab passed 4.5 years ago and on Thursday 10/27 she stopped eating and looked terrible, vomiting mucus, so we knew she'd take her final trip to the vet the next day.  That Friday morning she was in our "pet the dog" hallway (current rescue Lab lays there too) and already getting stiff.  Well, Abby always hated going to the vet. ;)
Was the perfect late October day for burying our longtime friend: 40° with heavy rain.

• Sad 7

We had a rescue lab named Kona who lived 15 years. Huge muscular beast with an attitude.  He mellowed with age and love.

We too came home one day and he couldn't get up.  I stayed  by his side the whole night and he couldn't move his legs. His tail was thumping the whole time.  So hard to say goodbye.

We went 2 years without a dog and then adopted another rescue lab-ish pup. She is so happy.  I don't enjoy walking her in late May/early June due to mosquitoes, but I do it.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Angus said:

went for a week in 2017 - spectacular place. stayed in AirBnB everywhere.

Had a couple nights there in August of that year on the way to Norway.  Reykjavik AirBnB had a 5'x4' photomosaic of the whole island on the LR wall - utterly fascinating.  Temp never topped 60 while we were there - normal temps.  (And never got to 70 in our 10 days in Norway, with some rain each day there, also not out of the ordinary - Bergen bills itself as Europe's wettest city.)

• Like 2

Reading through some ski area history this morning.... does this sound familiar to anyone?

The Grinch has been around for a long time.

The 1964-65 season got off to a bad start throughout New England, with rainy, 60 degree weather arriving at Christmas. Many areas were placed rough financial shape, including Stowe. Sepp Ruschp estimated Stowe's losses at $700,000.

Back in 2014, we had to put down our family dog. He had stopped eating... My mom and I stayed in the room as they put the IV in. Watching him take his last breaths was anguishing. Just so sad.  He was a Cocker Spaniel left on our doorstep when I was going into 5th grade. We put him down when I was 24. I grew up with him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Back in 2014, we had to put down our family dog. He had stopped eating... My mom and I stayed in the room as they put the IV in. Watching him take his last breaths was anguishing. Just so sad.  He was a Cocker Spaniel left on our doorstep when I was going into 5th grade. We put him down when I was 24. I grew up with him. 

Losing a pet is like losing a family member.    we had to put down our family dog right before xmas in the early 90's.   Xmas wasn't the same that year.

• Like 1