• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Some great info on what is going on in the hospitals in CT.

Who is being hospitalized with COVID-19 in Connecticut? Almost exclusively unvaccinated people, officials say

The overwhelming majority of Connecticut residents currently hospitalized with COVID-19 were not vaccinated before contracting the disease, hospital officials say.

Despite more than half of Connecticut adults having been vaccinated, the state currently has 518 patients hospitalized with COVID-19, up nearly 40% over the past month. But data from local hospitals suggests this isn’t because vaccines aren’t working but rather because not enough people have yet been vaccinated.

Yale New Haven Health, for example, has treated only six COVID-19 patients who have been fully vaccinated, out of hundreds who have come in and out of the system in recent weeks. Of those six, all were older and most had underlying conditions, yet none required intensive care and all have left the hospital.

“Those are patients who would have been very much at risk for death a year ago, and they left the hospital and survived COVID without a severe course of illness,” said Dr. Deborah Rhodes, Yale New Haven’s vice president of care signature. “I really think it speaks to the effectiveness of vaccination.”

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/hc-news-coronavirus-covid-hospitalizations-vaccine-20210415-zxftqu2m2zh4jhvrzwxbumofiy-story.html

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, amarshall said:

Wish we could get this as the 3rd major political party.  My version of the libertarian party:

Snort coke, shoot guns (as long as not at other people), visit a prostitute and pay well, let me keep my money. Marry a penguin.  Be nice to everyone.  Stop fighting silly wars.  Low taxes. Low government overhead  Be good to the earth.  No masks outside. 

Penguin equality rights!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, amarshall said:

Wish we could get this as the 3rd major political party.  My version of the libertarian party:

Snort coke, shoot guns (as long as not at other people), visit a prostitute and pay well, let me keep my money. Marry a penguin.  Be nice to everyone.  Stop fighting silly wars.  Low taxes. Low government overhead  Be good to the earth.  No masks outside. 

Unfortunately that is defined as heaven. And it will never happen. Lol

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Can't see a world without big government oversight. People are so ****ing stupid. As tip says, Google has made people more idiotic. 

I mean ... it's counter-intuitive, really.    Obviously, more information should succeed intellect but ... we could wait 30 to 50 years of scholars and scientists to prove what we already know, just by looking around and common interactive experience in civility at a sociological level:

Access to informatics acts more like a stimulant, than it does enlightenment -    

It's almost like we can't simply dose the mainstay plebeian population density - which regardless of rural or urban or ethnic distinction, represents the ballast of population - with fluxes of new data and information, and opinion polls and op eds and pretty glamorous iconographic effects to sell special interest modes of thinking ... and it's all just too goddamn much for those 'gates'?  It's really like this Internet post-modernism is exposing that when one is just a f*n dumbass they are actually dangerous with more information - they are not filtering it right - they do not seem to posses the ability to think critically/healthy in skepticism and objectivity - they seem to lack the ability categorization into distinctive, compartmentalized understanding of reality ...leading to a daunted state of cumulative morosity and melancholia - in a lot of cases ... violence.

Gee ...where's there evidence for that.

While we are out here with our bloated sense of self-righteous virtuosity in the PC CANCEL culture ...shading anyone that has the audacity/temerity to point out that the average person is a f'ing idiot.

Lol ..something like that.   ...Uh, with all do respect ...

I'm kidding at the end there a little but ... This turns cheeks and mislabels, and/or misses threat elements in a lot of ways.  It enables these deviant modes of thinking. Evidence evinces over the last 20 years, that overloading lower education and/or limited experiential mentalities leads to a kind of histrionic smolder in society - a powder keg.  I also think there's a separate phenomenon tearing at the fabric of culture, that the internet is pretty solely indictable for. It has to do with "emboldening" ? A mean crack-pots operating as UniBombers and theater shooters may lurk in any population sufficiently large... yadda yadda, but, there's nothing more dangerous to the stability of the whole like an idiot with a cause, and when individuals aggregate fringe ideologies in the "dark web" this, or social media that, and then 'recruit' others that are disgruntled in general and need a bj super bad... that ugly misanthrope finds comfort in any "etho-chamber" they can that gives their disgruntled bs a vector ... It's almost like some part of their psyche tells them, 'maybe I'm alone and therefore not right,' but when in groups... ah ha!  Now, we have a schismatic culture of island separatists -

That's a lot of longish words. The reality ...may not be quite so mordant - but there is some real truth to "strength in numbers"   Proof?  the "herd" stampeding on the Capitol Building... These idiots were amassed and indoctrinated, and incensed and embolden around a dissenting ideology using the Internet.  ... I could turn this into a dystopian sci fi that ends in the Fermi Paradox explanation  -

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Your mentality is kinda weird, TBH. Government shouldn't be your mommy.

Please don't make a direct comment on my 'mentality' or make it personal if you do not understand what I am saying. 

19 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

(Shudder

I am simply saying the American people have become government dependent to the point it would be disastrous to pull back at this point. Do I prefer it that way? No. That's it. Not an argument for big government as an ideal. I'm saying we're here now and turning back. 

11 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I spoke too soon earlier. I now feel like shyte.

Kinda achey, few chills, tired, and feel warm. 99.5. Just feel “off”.  Left work early and came home. Took some Motrin.

It's hard to get a bead on this ...  My parents are 75 and 80 respectively ...neither presented with side effects on either the first or 2nd dose ( Moderna ) ... meanwhile, my sister is 42 and vibrantly healthy with no apparent co-morbs and she was couched for a two days worth of Covid-19.  I'm almost wondering if it really means one's immune system is weak if they don't sense a reaction ?  just wonderin'

Does that mean she "would have" gotten hospital, and my parents, no? 

Seems unlikely..but, these sort of disparities abound - and no ..I don't figure this as completely anecdotal. 

I've been having difficulty even getting on wait lists.    Apparently - this just in! - it's not such a hot idea to open up vaccines to all remaining 16 to 55-year old with no comorbids when that represents the ballast population density ... holy shit!  It might cause a run-on the vaccine and overload the system... 

I don't know but I hit like 50 sites from Maine to Timbucktu and finally gave up yesterday after three hours of 'check back at a later date' when scheduling. I'm sure I'm not alone in that ..  Then, ironically... this little mom-and-pop pharmacy shows up as offering vaccine, located in my town they're only a mile away too - weird.  Was able to get on their list..  But it's like in general you have to get wait listed to be then put on a schedule - enlisted to then be listed.  Lol .... what a cluster

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's hard to get a bead on this ...  My parents are 75 and 80 respectively ...neither presented with side effects on either the first or 2nd dose ( Moderna ) ... meanwhile, my sister is 42 and vibrantly healthy with no apparent co-morbs and she was couched for a two days worth of Covid-19. 

Does that mean she "would have" gotten hosptical, and my parents, no? 

Seems unlikely..but, these sort of disparities abound - and no ..I don't figure this as completely anecdotal. 

Just a fairly strong immune reaction. If you don’t have any or little side effects, it doesn’t mean much in terms of how well it’s working for B and T cell immunity. These side efffects are caused by the innate immune system from cytokine release from neutrophils mainly. I have a pretty good innate immune system. I never get sick and the innate system is the first line defense so I’m sure I’ve got a pretty strong neutrophil reactions going on. 

On 4/20/2021 at 1:25 PM, dryslot said:

The arrows on the floor remain but i make it a point to go the opposite direction mainly because its lame with all folks wearing masks and i'm not walking down another aisle to walk up the next to get the item i'm looking for.

I always brace myself for confrontation when I go down an aisle the wrong way to grab something real quick.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Kinda achey, few chills, tired, and feel warm. 99.5. Just feel “off”.  Left work early and came home. Took some Motrin.

Bummer. So far for me, very slight pain at injection; same as flu shot. We'll see what happens tomorrow, but not expecting much from the 1st jab

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's hard to get a bead on this ...  My parents are 75 and 80 respectively ...neither presented with side effects on either the first or 2nd dose ( Moderna ) ... meanwhile, my sister is 42 and vibrantly healthy with no apparent co-morbs and she was couched for a two days worth of Covid-19.  I'm almost wondering if it really means one's immune system is weak if they don't sense a reaction ?  just wonderin'

Does that mean she "would have" gotten hospital, and my parents, no? 

I've been having difficulty even getting on wait lists.    Apparently - this just in! - it's not such a hot idea to open up vaccines to all remaining 16 to 55-year old with no comorbids when that represents the ballast population density ... holy shit!  It might cause a run-on the vaccine and overload the system... 

I don't know but I hit like 50 sites from Maine to Timbucktu and finally gave up yesterday after three hours of 'check back at a later date' when scheduling. I'm sure I'm not alone in that ..  Then, ironically... this little mom-and-pop pharmacy shows up as offering vaccine, located in my town they're only a mile away too - weird.  Was able to get on their list..  But it's like in general you have to get wait listed to be then put on a schedule - enlisted to then be listed.  Lol .... what a cluster

lol, for some reason, I thought you were an old geezer:lol:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Those were basically the same reactions i had after the J&J shot about 24-36hrs after.

34 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Just a fairly strong immune reaction. If you don’t have any or little side effects, it doesn’t mean much in terms of how well it’s working for B and T cell immunity. These side efffects are caused by the innate immune system from cytokine release from neutrophils mainly. I have a pretty good innate immune system. I never get sick and the innate system is the first line defense so I’m sure I’ve got a pretty strong neutrophil reactions going on. 

Yeah... I mean tongue-in-cheek aside, I know  ...  man of 'science cloth' over here.

These viral dosings are neutered ... In addition to white blood cell activation they're also capable of triggering a pan-systemic histamine response - to which fever is a part ...etc..etc... but they are gutted particles and don't ultimately package any delivery.  All bark but no bite ...so the next time the immune system recognizes the growl

I don't 'get sick' very often either.  But my life-style is ( unfortunately ...) lonely and I don't interact with v-goo-goos nearly as much as I am aware I don't - hahaha... That's an illness too ... No seriously, my exposure may not be the huge even in best of times.  I have spheres of friends and stuff but they are all mask and hygiene vax believers, dads and moms with 4 to 12 year -olds... so tend to nervous and toe the line over this thing.    We've looked silly in backyards at 10 foot apart donned in masks a couple of times. I'm just going with the flow and wanting not to be left out but truth be told...not thinking that setting is very high risk or anything.   ah hell - a week or two I'll be a dose in and signed up for # 2 ... I'm hoping I get my parent's "vaccine variant reaction" and not my sister's. 

I have never been vaccinated for the flu.  I have only ever been immunized for standard youngster goop.  

I tell you though... a year ago last November I was went through the flu - or Covid. Not sure which, but the symptom spectrum identically matched the COVID-19 description.  I have not had so much as a sniffle since.

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah... I mean tongue-in-cheek aside, I know  ...  man of 'science cloth' over here.

These doses viruses are neutered ... In addition to white blood cell activation they're also capable of triggering a pan-systemic histamine response - to which fever is a part ...etc..etc... but they are gutted particles and don't ultimately package any delivery.  All bark but no bite ...so the next time the immune system recognizes the growl

I don't 'get sick' very often either.  But my life-style is ( unfortunately ...) lonely and I don't interact with v-goo-goos nearly as much as I am aware I don't - hahaha... That's an illness too ... No seriously, my exposure may not be the huge even in best of times.  I have spheres of friends and stuff but they are all mask and hygiene vax believers, dads and moms with 4 to 12 year -olds... so tend to nervous and toe the line over this thing.    We've looked silly in backyards at 10 foot apart donned in masks a couple of times. I'm just going with the flow and wanting not to be left out but truth be told...not thinking that setting is very high risk or anything.   ah hell - a week or two I'll be a dose in and signed up for # 2 ... I'm hoping I get my parent's "vaccine varient reaction" and not my sister's. 

I have never been vaccinated for the flu.  I have only ever been immunized for standard youngster goop.  

I tell you though... a year ago last November I was went through the flu - or Covid. Not sure which, but the symptom spectrum identically matched the COVID-19 description.  I have not had so much as a sniffle since.

I have kids in school who bring home all manner of crap. So I’m immune to most crud I imagine. 

My wife was sick as a dog for 2 weeks back in February 2020. All the symptoms. She was tested for flu and was negative. I’m convinced it was Covid. 

45 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Those were basically the same reactions i had after the J&J shot about 24-36hrs after.

Yeah but you and I have to keep an eye out for feeling clotty for up to 4 weeks after injection of the serum.....we got the black market vaccine, that means it's extra good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It's hard to get a bead on this ...  My parents are 75 and 80 respectively ...neither presented with side effects on either the first or 2nd dose ( Moderna ) ... meanwhile, my sister is 42 and vibrantly healthy with no apparent co-morbs and she was couched for a two days worth of Covid-19.  I'm almost wondering if it really means one's immune system is weak if they

My wife is a marathon runner.  Had Covid already.  First moderna shot crushed her. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Here's a snippet of the US. We're now at 51% vaccinated (1st dose), yet cases up 15%. Cases should start to crater soon. Rest of the states are here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/?itid=hp_pandemic-guide-box-1208

image.png.c9539a6f686b7b00920b2692f155ec37.png

It really is a fascinating monitor hobby ... heh, morbidly so -

But seriously, what is the magic number ?  ... like suddenly at 62.5% ... case number halve almost unilaterally - ...or something. Just sayn' ...it'll be interesting see that happen/ .. at what % break-point. I'm waiting. 

I think full vax is 28 ?  ... it 24 and change 4 days ago... maybe 26 ..

It really is a fascinating monitor hobby ... heh, morbidly so -
But seriously, what is the magic number ?  ... like suddenly at 62.5% ... case number halve almost unilaterally - ...or something. Just sayn' ...it'll be interesting see that happen/ .. at what % break-point. I'm waiting. 
I think full vax is 28 ?  ... it 24 and change 4 days ago...
Full vax here is 38%.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, amarshall said:

My wife is a marathon runner.  Had Covid already.  First moderna shot crushed her. 

Somebody I know who contracted covid a few weeks ago in the same little outbreak that got me went to get vaccinated having heard a rumor that the vaccine was helping folks with lingering symptoms.  Upon getting there they refused to jab her saying it would make her very ill.  She complained and said her doctor said it was ok, etc., but no dice.  So the next day she went to a different clinic and they gave her the shot.  She went to work and collapsed and was taken to the hospital.

• Sad 3