Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Got this for the Bruins game tonight. I love trying all different types of IPA’s...especially doubles and triples...only issue is the stronger ones give me heartburn 

F66C85D2-3ACB-4ABD-939D-2B65ECA04C05.png

Hit that brewery a few weeks ago . Decent but not great. That particular one is not great. They have one called Lit, which is very good 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ectomorphic metabolism. I was the same way until about age 45 but even now, with moderate exercise,  I can pretty much eat and drink whatever I want.  People hate on me for it. LOL

As long as folks run or get moderate cardiac exercise of some type 4-5 days per week and stick to 1200 calories of food intake per day , they can drink as much beer as they want. The weight gain isn’t from the beer, it’s from too much food , and not enough caloric burning by being sedentary 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

For sure eating better and smaller portions is the way to go. Once I get to my target I will have beers again.

I have GERD and am a touch hypoglycemic. I’m better off eating several small portions a day. I usually eat 5 times a day, but stick with 2000-2500 a day. I’ve tried 1200 a day but I can’t do it. I can do 1500 if I need to, but it’s hard to break it up enough to keep enough in my stomach so I do t have to eat tums 3 times a day or take a PPI once day. Which I hate to do more than 4 weeks at a time. 
Getting old sux

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I stay in that range . Knowing that I’m going to have a few IPA’s at night. Run 4 days a week. Marathon days behind me .. For me anyway.. it works 

How many nights per week do you have more than one IPA?  I typically only have around 2 beers or two glasses of wine etc per week. Sometimes more. Sometimes none.
This is a vaca week for me so it has been a few more 

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

How many nights per week do you have more than one IPA?  I typically only have around 2 beers or two glasses of wine etc per week. Sometimes more. Sometimes none.
This is a vaca week for me so it has been a few more 

I MIGHT drink 1 beer a week, if that. I’m not a huge beer drinker. No wine. Hate the stuff. Taste awful. Much rather have a gin and tonic or a rye old fashioned. Or a single malt scotch straight up

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I MIGHT drink 1 beer a week, if that. I’m not a huge beer drinker. No wine. Hate the stuff. Taste awful. Much rather have a gin and tonic or a rye old fashioned. Or a single malt scotch straight up

I do enjoy a good cocktail but I am a terrible mixologist. I haven’t acquired a taste for whiskey. I will have a mule now and then or a dark and stormy    I used to enjoy G&Ts but it has been awhile. 

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I do enjoy a good cocktail but I am a terrible mixologist. I haven’t acquired a taste for whiskey. I will have a mule now and then or a dark and stormy    I used to enjoy G&Ts but it has been awhile. 

I’m a good mixer. Dark and stormys are good. I was at Railer’s game a couple years ago and ordered a dark and stormy. I didn’t watch her make it. I paid and started walking back to my seat before I tasted it. Almost spit it out. She made it with Morgan spiced rum. You dont make a dark and stormy with spice rum. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I stopped drinking during the week for the most part-just makes me tired and I need to get the household stuff done after the kids go to bed.....

7 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

I stopped drinking during the week for the most part-just makes me tired and I need to get the household stuff done after the kids go to bed.....

Yea I hear ya. I started having kids later in life and my 2 kids are still at home. I’m always doing something after I help them with homework and send them upstairs. 

Interesting I’ve had no desire for alcohol or edibles or any other mind substance outside of caffeine.   Not sure why.   Been wanting an edible for months but mid evening I decide against it.  The thought is fun but just not into this at this point.   With that said, we’re entertaining both Friday and Saturday night so we’ll see....

• Like 1

I'm pumped to get my second shot next Tuesday. I originally took the day after off jus tin case but my co-worker has to get all four of his wisdom teeth taken out the day I get my shot so I'm just going to work from home the day after and fight through whatever side effects I have. My shot is 11:00 AM so based on info I've gathered from those who had gotten their second shot I'm anticipating side effects kicking in late afternoon/early evening, feeling like crap all night and into the morning then rapidly improve from there.