Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Another thing about alcohol-it really disrupts my sleep pattern if I have more than a token amount.   However edibles make me sleep great with vivid dreams.

Alcohol has been proven to be detrimental for sleeping well. 

https://www.cornerstonesocal.com/blog/how-can-alcohol-affect-your-sleep/

• At all dosages, alcohol can make us fall asleep faster.
  • At all dosages, alcohol shortens the first half of your night’s sleep.
  • At all dosages, alcohol causes sleep disruptions in the second half of your night’s sleep.
  • At all dosages, your first REM sleep stage is significantly delayed, and you get less REM sleep.

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

• At all dosages, alcohol causes sleep disruptions in the second half of your night’s sleep.
  • At all dosages, your first REM sleep stage is significantly delayed, and you get less REM sleep.

I have that. Gets worse as you get older.  Not worth it now. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I got a CPAP in October.... literally changed my life.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As long as folks run or get moderate cardiac exercise of some type 4-5 days per week and stick to 1200 calories of food intake per day , they can drink as much beer as they want. The weight gain isn’t from the beer, it’s from too much food , and not enough caloric burning by being sedentary 

1,200 calories intake plus exercise? I'd look like I'd just escaped Auschwitz in a month or two.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I MIGHT drink 1 beer a week, if that. I’m not a huge beer drinker. No wine. Hate the stuff. Taste awful. Much rather have a gin and tonic or a rye old fashioned. Or a single malt scotch straight up

Single malt from October to April, gin and tonic all summer. I also like to put a very thin slice of cucumber in my g+t; makes for a very refreshing note with lime and a little mint.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Another of many negatives for the weed users here 

https://drugabuse.com/blog/cant-sleep-try-putting-down-the-marijuana-seriously/

what also needs to be taken into account is the use of devices such as cell phones and electronics prior to going to bed. 

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Reading an issue of high times on the phone , hits from a blunt of bong vs a few IPA’s.  Sleep and clean healthy lungs are no issue for choice 2 

eh sometimes some of these studies are kind of ridiculous b/c they are only focusing on one thing and trying to make a one-to-one correlation. Life is complex...there is no one-to-one correlation. 

Just now, Brian5671 said:

yeah I leave my phone downstairs at night before heading up for bed....

When I go to bed I usually watch an episode of something on Netflix on my phone (been into Shameless), then I'll listen to a few ASMR videos on YouTube (which really get me to sleep fast) but I have a terrible problem of waking up so often during the middle of the night...and before this can be attributed to phone use or whatever else I've had this issue my entire life (I do have ideas as to why that is). I've always seemed to have my best sleeps when during the hours of like 6-7 AM and early afternoon...that's why at one point I wanted to get a job doing overnights. I think when I was young I was so afraid of people breaking into the house that I was terrified to sleep at night so I would try to force myself not to sleep. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As long as folks run or get moderate cardiac exercise of some type 4-5 days per week and stick to 1200 calories of food intake per day , they can drink as much beer as they want. The weight gain isn’t from the beer, it’s from too much food , and not enough caloric burning by being sedentary 

How are your knees? Swelled up and knotty?

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

When I go to bed I usually watch an episode of something on Netflix on my phone (been into Shameless), then I'll listen to a few ASMR videos on YouTube (which really get me to sleep fast) but I have a terrible problem of waking up so often during the middle of the night...and before this can be attributed to phone use or whatever else I've had this issue my entire life (I do have ideas as to why that is). I've always seemed to have my best sleeps when during the hours of like 6-7 AM and early afternoon...that's why at one point I wanted to get a job doing overnights. I think when I was young I was so afraid of people breaking into the house that I was terrified to sleep at night so I would try to force myself not to sleep. 

Those Spiders breaking into the house will get ya. Try sleep meditation.

2 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I don't do thc anymore. What I do everyday is take two tabs of lsd and a hit of dmt and then go get a trienta red eye from starbucks while listening to aoxomoxoa grateful dead album 

Speaking of which..... I've had a great awakening when it comes to Jerry and the dead. 

Never had anyone show them to me. Until a great friend I made in college. Didn't get 'it' until really last year. Once that sound clicks in your head, and you learn more about what the dead are about, there is nothing like it. 

I listen to the dead the majority of the week now. Not to mention how damn good Jerry garcia band is. 

Jerry was what life should be about. Everything should be about fun. Nothing really matters in the end but that. Why live life miserable? Find something you love, do it, enjoy it, and share it with others if you can. And don't leave anyone out of that fun and love. That is what the dead was about. To me that is what life is about. Do your best to be a good citizen, take care of others, just care. And while you do it, kick ass and have fun. Not here for a long time, but I'm here for a good time. 

Also I'm a big fan of the fact Jerry legitimately always refused to speak to the crowd. He hated fame. He always refused telling others what to do. He wants people to have their own freedom. 

Which to me, connects on a certain level when it comes to covid and masks. I agree to a certain extent. But if JG was still alive, I have a feeling he'd be wearing a mask and listening to science like Bobby Weir is now. 

Anyways..... 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Those Spiders breaking into the house will get ya. Try sleep meditation.

There are some situations that does scare me from sleeping lol. 

I've always wanted to try meditation though...I would really love that.

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I drink nothing but seltzers and Busch light if it's not liquor. Not kidding. Lol

seltzers...where is the puke emoji?????? 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

There are some situations that does scare me from sleeping lol. 

I've always wanted to try meditation though...I would really love that.

seltzers...where is the puke emoji?????? 

Always avoided ipas back in football days because of heavyweight nature of them. So it kept me in the junior bracket of beer. Lighter. 

Now I spend most of my time in wine. Developed a recent love for cava. And when I'm out its been a gin and tonic or tequila soda. Then when the alcohol gets to my head I switch to something light. 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Always avoided ipas back in football days because of heavyweight nature of them. So it kept me in the junior bracket of beer. Lighter. 

Now I spend most of my time in wine. Developed a recent love for cava. And when I'm out its been a gin and tonic or tequila soda. Then when the alcohol gets to my head I switch to something light. 

I love Barefoot Pinot Grigio...haven't had it though it a few years. Actually I think the last time I had it was at a New Years Party like 3 years ago when I drank a 1.75mL bottle in 75 minutes...yeah that was a mistake