Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2021 Weather Discussion

CoastalWx

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Nah... I have a lab scheduled for some of the kids that day.  Really hard to reschedule with the current model I am in

We'll see how it looks in a day or two.  Euro looked like an E MA special, GFS more robust for RT 2 corridor.   Sure I'd take warning snow but I'm not terribly interested in 1-2" since it wouldn't raise my grade for the winter.

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

NWS on top of it

December made a huge difference in groundwater levels.  Very much normal, its always great when you go out of your lane. Again dry does not equal drought.  Dry soil in March might be as meh as it gets. Good for no mud and baseball practice though

Screenshot_20210315-202200_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Most of the resoivoirs around here that feed the wells are running over the spill ways. The 200 acre reservoir behind my house is full.

Yup...no worries with water levels here. More meh BS.   The spring rains in April and May will help quell these nellies worries. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

All of them, ticks, skeeters, black flies.   I’ll sacrifice my lawn for prolonged warm and dry. 

Yeah, loving the look of the 12z EURO from day 5-10.  No precipitation and high pressure with warming 850s.  The corn horn (warming granular snow) starts sounding on the slopes when it's 40-50F by day and 20F at night.  The diurnal range would likely be higher than that, as a dry air mass high pressure this time of year can lead to big 12-hour changes in temps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah, loving the look of the 12z EURO from day 5-10.  No precipitation and high pressure with warming 850s.  The corn horn (warming granular snow) starts sounding on the slopes when it's 40-50F by day and 20F at night.  The diurnal range would likely be higher than that, as a dry air mass high pressure this time of year can lead to big 12-hour changes in temps.

Bluebird corn days oh yea. Skiers learn a lot about dews and snow..Low dew 50 degree days oh my

• Like 1