• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Classbravo
    Newest Member
    Classbravo
February 18-19 MAJOR Ice Storm Threat

Just for reference someone here yesterday and I can’t recall who was asking about sleet to liquid ratio. Based on NWS parameters 2:1/3:1 is the norm depending on the system. Been a while since I’ve seen that type of sleet accumulation. Tonight is kind of odd for up this far north. Not sure if I wake up to a sleet bomb or ice bomb. Really believe sleet may be the predominant type, at least for my immediate vicinity. 

So will the rain lower temps at all? Or is that cold air from the north still supposed to push down? Wondering if I can dump all of this water out that I've put in jugs all over the place (we are on a well so when we lose power, we lose water). My temp is now up to 36. 

1 minute ago, gritsnc said:

So will the rain lower temps at all? Or is that cold air from the north still supposed to push down? Wondering if I can dump all of this water out that I've put in jugs all over the place (we are on a well so when we lose power, we lose water). 

I wouldn’t dump them just yet.  We will get some ice overnight and in the morning.  Just not apocalyptic ice.

• Sad 1