Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
2021 Mid-Atlantic Severe Weather - General Discussion

Kmlwx

18 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

So, is the development supposed to occur after the passage of the remnant line of the MCS now just to the west?   Because that line looks like a weak POS.

As usual, the thinnest, weakest,  and most disjointed part of the line is aimed right at me.

I think this is the main opportunity, as that batch will likely reduce the instability, and there will likely be some subsidence behind this feature.     Can’t rule out some stronger cells popping up again this evening, but having a quick intensification of the approaching system (which seems possible but not likely?) seems the best chance for more organized severe.    That’s certainly what the HRRR has been showing. 

2 minutes ago, high risk said:

I think this is the main opportunity, as that batch will likely reduce the instability, and there will likely be some subsidence behind this feature.     Can’t rule out some stronger cells popping up again this evening, but having a quick intensification of the approaching system (which seems possible but not likely?) seems the best chance for more organized severe.    That’s certainly what the HRRR has been showing. 

Thanks for that.  Looks very bleak for us out here then.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

tornado watches are always exciting... if only I had one.

Fully acknowledging the discussion between HM and Ian, I'd like some sun. Maybe it's not crucial, but it can't hurt. 

Come north :)