Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 16th Disco

Bostonseminole

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

It's so on the fence with the ice storm or snow. I pray to God that it's snow. I don't want the ice, that would just be horrendous for everyone and everything. There's so many chances of storm in this next week it's something I haven't seen in a long long time

God doesn’t really give a crap about this. You should pray to ULLR

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

I'll take my chances with last nights Euro. Of course I can't see soundings. So no clue if there's a sneaky warm layer.

It's pretty good about pike northward for warning snow, but it's not far from a lot more sleet. 06z EPS ticked north too.

19 minutes ago, GCWarrior said:

I hope here along the VT/MA border we can keep things mostly snow.  Though a little freezing rain and sleet wouldn't hurt things.

We are usually pretty safe this far NW but lets see how things trend the next 48 hours.   I could see a 4-6" type deal and then a few hours of light PL/FZRA

I'm sure others have mentioned/ .. are onto this, but my turn of phrases -

The operational 00Z GFS/ 06Z GFS blends illustrate an interesting emergence in the handling of next week.   The Sunday (14th) thing ...it appears almost like it, and the 16th ...possibly beyond, the model is trying to morph into one protracted light event, with multiple nested intervals of enhancement to moderate. 

I think this velocity predicament ...driving along progression tendencies, which should in fact tend to 'stretch' fields along the vectors of the streamlines ... that lends support for flat scenario anyway.  What we have is a fantastic baroclinic gradient that exists from the TV- off the MA ( ~ ), ...meanwhile, the ballast of the mid level momentum associated with the polar jet, is situated W-N of that surface to 800 mb frontal slope. 

the restoring wind into the jet ...is up that slope.  that's the basic canvas from Sunday clear to latter Wednesday ... it's in all guidance... The Euro/EPS appears to be suppressing the boundary a bit more between the Sunday and Wednesday ...more coherently identifiable impulse/waves along that same axis, and this shuts it all down and probably even offers a sun shot through cirrus in a nagging cryo breeze inbetween ... I think that ows to that guidance having a tendency to curve all surfaces ...or hold on to them .. but the GFS is could be too flat.  Hard to say - either could win, and the variances are not huge in a win - loss scenario enough to really impugn the other models performance.  but, that variance is the difference between that lull being more described in the EPS/Euro .. where as the GFS camp may be slate gray skies with grits and freezing drizzle , in between two or three impulses of light to moderate snow/mix bursts. 

In summary the GFS seems is trying to do a weak Feb 1994 surface analog - a "fast flow long event" by virtue of having the boundary statically positioned idyllically for a steady-state WAA draw up the frontal slope, with local time-scale enhancements... Whereas the Euro wants more of a break in there.  Either solution could win... 50/50 at this particular assessment point ( to me )