• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Javon75
    Newest Member
    Javon75

February 10-12 event obs

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

It's pretty unbelievable how bad the past 3 years have been. Doesn't look like any improvement coming either. 

Yeah I'm seriously starting to realize how ungrateful I was while in NYC. This is just...Wow. I grew up in Ellicott City and didn't viscerally understand how bad it was just 20 miles south until experiencing it for myself. 

• Like 1

Just now, jayyy said:

Definitely snowing at home in union bridge. I drove to mount Saint Mary’s to get my kid from school. He gets his second Covid vaccine shot here at home tomorrow so I had to trek through the storm. Took the f150. 

I was just making an OBS about the radar is all. 

To get him from college? And damn are you driving back to night or hanging it up there for the night? Be careful!

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Dumping in Deep Creek.

Pretty sure its just raining here in Arlington.

Of all the things, moderate rain wasn’t on my list of worries for this stretch of weather.

3 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Yeah I'm seriously starting to realize how ungrateful I was while in NYC. This is just...Wow. I grew up in Ellicott City and didn't viscerally understand how bad it was just 20 miles south until experiencing it for myself. 

The years you mentioned you were in nyc were also very cold in dc and snowy. 

1 minute ago, LP08 said:

Of all the things, moderate rain wasn’t on my list of worries for this stretch of weather.

Yeah, I figured we’d sleet but wouldn’t have guessed rain.  Arctic air FTW!  

Sitting at 32.4/32.4 with a sleety mix for hours now in Silver Spring. The grass is whiteish but the front walk is a slushy disaster. If temps drop a degree or two overnight it's going to get really icy out there. 

8 minutes ago, Ka60 said:

Clarksburg,  Heavy Snow  @10:45PM  not actual measurement but eyeballing over 1.5" 

I can't believe that band is all snow up by you, that's awesome.  You must be dumping.

Just now, EHoffman said:

I can't believe that band is all snow up by you, that's awesome.  You must be dumping.

It is so amazing.  perhaps 2"/hr    This is incredible.  

• Weenie 1

Just now, Wetbulbs88 said:

To get him from college? And damn are you driving back to night or hanging it up there for the night? Be careful!

Yessir. Thomas started the second semester of his freshman year 2 weeks ago. He had to wait to come home until tonight due to his class / track schedule. He runs D1 track and field for the mount! (Proud dad) Had no choice but to drive back. Not to worry - the f150 with giant snow tires can handle this for sure. 

Just now, Ka60 said:

It is so amazing.  perhaps 2"/hr    This is incredible.  

Love seeing upper MoCo bros cashing in, you guys were responsible for a ton of rainy snow days for me when I was a kid in Rockville.  Upper MoCo such an underrated snow zone.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

happy to report moderate snow and 1" of actual honest to god accumulation. Best snowflake growth for Balt City this year. Gorgeous out. 

Nice, glad to see you getting in good stuff.  Enjoy it man.

• Like 1

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

happy to report moderate snow and 1" of actual honest to god accumulation. Best snowflake growth for Balt City t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶ the last 3 years. Gorgeous out. 

Fixed! :D

19 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

It's dumping now

Keep seeing reports just south of me of "dumping" but been mostly just light here with maybe borderline moderate at times.  

8 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, I figured we’d sleet but wouldn’t have guessed rain.  Arctic air FTW!  

4" and counting out here :). After the last screwjob I knew I had to head out of town for this one.

• Like 1