Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 31st - 33rd Storm Obs and Disco like it's 1979

Bob Chill

2 minutes ago, Snow36 said:

Wish I could be there for this.. I've temporarily relocated to MO, aka no more noreasters for me :( . Anyway, here's an update from the wunderground station near my old house in Olney:  light snow, 27. 

There can some pretty awesome midwestern blizzards out your way though. Huge wind driven events if you catch the right one.

• Like 1

Just now, jayyy said:

My son up at mount Saint Mary’s is reporting SN+  - Nice band overhead WNW of Frederick it appears. We’ve been steadily accumulating here in union bridge: totaling about 4” from the naked eye 

Seeing that to here Smithsburg just west of the Mount in Washington County.

6 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

So the DC metro area was forecast to receive 4-8" of snow.  After this is all over, it seems that forecast will verify.  Granted it will take 48 hours of sporadic light snow to get there, but I wonder why there is so much gloom in this forum.  The heavier snow was always going to be further NE.  At least it wasn't a complete whiff like 12/30/2000 or 12/26/2010 or countless others.  

48 hours of mainly light snow just isn’t that exciting. Sure it’s better than nothing. But we live on here for rippage

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

12z is before 7am though. I’m just saying the GFs has good snow from Baltimore NE before 7am. That’s what I’m not sure I buy 

Ahh. My apologies. 

Still - think it’s feasible given the coastal has already begun to take shape that we see snow in here fairly early. 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

3” of sand, I mean snow, has finally accumulated after 10 hours.

Had some decent fluff at times here but quite variable. Just shoveled the deck, walkway, and cleaned off the car. Very fine snow still falling but adding nothing. Sure feels like this is over for part 1. Probably some sleet and rain overnight into tomorrow. We will see what happens beyond that.

Right at 3" here as well.

1 minute ago, a.salt said:

3 inches in Millers...I remember a few days back many were giving PSU a hard time about models showing more accumulation in DC area as opposed to up here near PA border...goes to show you...trust climo over models. 

I would say 50% of the population southwest of DC has more snow than you.

radar suggests that precip is coming up more from the South than from the Southwest, as it had been all day here in AA County.  I am sure that someone will rain on my parade (maybe literally) but to my novice eyes, I think this is a good thing?  We have never really dry slotted here. . . though the rates have been low. . .still, almost to 4 inches here.  

• Like 1

Just now, AACOUNTYMD said:

radar suggests that precip is coming up more from the South than from the Southwest, as it had been all day here in AA County.  I am sure that someone will rain on my parade (maybe literally) but to my novice eyes, I think this is a good thing?  We have never really dry slotted here. . . though the rates have been low. . .still, almost to 4 inches here.  

There’s been precip training up the coastline from the Carolinas all afternoon. To the naked eye, it does appear that precip is taking a NNE trajectory instead of E or ENE, which is a decent sign. It’s going to be real close. Can probably draw a line straight down the middle of Maryland and everyone to the East has a shot at serious coastal banding if it all comes together properly.  

Just now, jayyy said:

There’s been precip training up the coastline from the Carolinas all afternoon. To the naked eye, it does appear that precip is taking a NNE trajectory instead of E or ENE, which is a decent sign. It’s going to be real close. Can probably draw a line straight down the middle of Maryland and everyone to the East has a shot at serious coastal banding if it all comes together properly.  

I am picking up what you are putting down :D  

Just took a JebWalk with the fam around the neighborhood. Snow was kicking good. Once we got to the bay the wind was ripping from the NE and we started getting sleet. Walked home and seems to have switched to liquid. Weather station showing 31° now so maybe some ZR?

Shot looking out to Eastern Bay towards St. Michaels:

db1b55ffc3d14bab0cc226b772292d73.jpg

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

So the DC metro area was forecast to receive 4-8" of snow.  After this is all over, it seems that forecast will verify.  Granted it will take 48 hours of sporadic light snow to get there, but I wonder why there is so much gloom in this forum.  The heavier snow was always going to be further NE.  At least it wasn't a complete whiff like 12/30/2000 or 12/26/2010 or countless others.  

You sure it’ll verify? I’m NW of DC and I think I’ve had 2” tops. I am wondering if I’ll break 4.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic