• Member Statistics

    16,651
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SecondChild
    Newest Member
    SecondChild
    Joined
stormtracker

Jan 31 - Feb 1 Event - STORM MODE THREAD

Recommended Posts

Just now, stormtracker said:

Yeah, just Baltimore.  Only 26" here in DC

Yeah you can't do anything with those amounts. Not even Warning amounts.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Omfg rgem!!!!!

Eh, I used to be on the RGEM train, but it keeps windshield wiping the stall/heavy bands or whatever.  Don't have much faith or excitement.  I hopefully it's catching on to something, I dunno

  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So RGEM and ICON have had similar idea so far....interesting....RGEM is going to be the extreme but what a beautiful run it was

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

We’ve been good. Just this once. Come on. Then I won’t ask the snow gods for a god damn thing for at least 2 years. I swear.  

You need to switch "years" with "weeks" and it makes more sense

  • Like 3
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

Anybody know how the RGEM has been doing at this range?

Been targeting that general area for the last 36 hours, sometimes DC, sometimes Northern Delaware. 

ICON ticked South , maybe a trend, still way too complicated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RGEM / ICON shift in guidance is what I was alluding to last night. Just keep my (or your) yard in the game. Unlikely that all of 12z follows but having a couple runs (and not a freakshow outlier) keep my yard in the envelope for big totals is a big win. 

Again, these storms almost ALWAYS do unexpected things in real time. I just want to know I have a chance so I dont feel compelled to troll and stir up chit

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Solo2 said:

RGEM just spit out what looks like close to 40" for Mt. Airy area?? I'm on board....

Looks like it. I'm trying to figure out Colesville, but it's hard for me to tell what color that is in the scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob Chill said:

RGEM / ICON shift in guidance is what I was alluding to last night. Just keep my (or your) yard in the game. Unlikely that all of 12z follows but having a couple runs (and not a freakshow outlier) keep my yard in the envelope for big totals is a big win. 

Again, these storms almost ALWAYS do unexpected thing in real time. I just want to know I have a chance so I dont feel compelled to troll and stir up chit

just seeing the RGEM Map was worth about 5 inches in real snow to me

  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Eh, I used to be on the RGEM train, but it keeps windshield wiping the stall/heavy bands or whatever.  Don't have much faith or excitement.  I hopefully it's catching on to something, I dunno

True but so far the trend across all guidance Nams/icon/rgem has been a faster further south coastal capture at 12z. That’s just good. 

  • Like 10
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, psuhoffman said:

True but so far the trend across all guidance Nams/icon/rgem has been a faster further south coastal capture at 12z. That’s just good. 

i think the icon would of shown a similar arount...there was a panel in there where it would been like 2-3 inch snow rates that was Green instead of Blue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob Chill said:

RGEM / ICON shift in guidance is what I was alluding to last night. Just keep my (or your) yard in the game. Unlikely that all of 12z follows but having a couple runs (and not a freakshow outlier) keep my yard in the envelope for big totals is a big win. 

Again, these storms almost ALWAYS do unexpected things in real time. I just want to know I have a chance so I dont feel compelled to troll and stir up chit

If the GFS looks like the RGEM, I may have to create a  stock market like circuit breaker mode for this board and shut it down for like 30 minutes.

It is encouraging to see SOME modeling still get us good.  Obviously, it's not even going to be close to the RGEM amounts, but maybe a trend?  Let's see if the others follow

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ji said:

just seeing the RGEM Map was worth about 5 inches in real snow to me

Damn dude. Back pretty fast after the rgem. I figured you'd still be busy in private until the euro

  • Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could I trouble someone for a zoomed RDPS?  Link is fine.  Can’t seem to find it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jayyy said:

Can’t ask for a much better pass than that. 

There is no doubt digital thunder and lightning somewhere in our forum. 100% chance imo with that vort panel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, psuhoffman said:

True but so far the trend across all guidance Nams/icon/rgem has been a faster further south coastal capture at 12z. That’s just good. 

if this storm comes to fruition, we all need to buy PSU a beer. — been analyzing models and breaking it all down for the rest of us day after day, run after run. Very appreciated sir.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stormtracker said:

If the GFS looks like the RGEM, I may have to create a  stock market like circuit breaker mode for this board and shut it down for like 30 minutes.

It is encouraging to see SOME modeling still get us good.  Obviously, it's not even going to be close to the RGEM amounts, but maybe a trend?  Let's see if the others follow

it actually seem to start at 6z on the euro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Damn dude. Back pretty fast after the rgem. I figured you'd still be busy in private until the euro

Holy shit I’ve missed you 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Damn dude. Back pretty fast after the rgem. I figured you'd still be busy in private until the euro

need to work on my stamina

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, IUsedToHateCold said:

GFS a tad south through 30

Go on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.