Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 31 - Feb 1 Event - STORM MODE THREAD

stormtracker

Just now, Bob Chill said:

RGEM / ICON shift in guidance is what I was alluding to last night. Just keep my (or your) yard in the game. Unlikely that all of 12z follows but having a couple runs (and not a freakshow outlier) keep my yard in the envelope for big totals is a big win. 

Again, these storms almost ALWAYS do unexpected thing in real time. I just want to know I have a chance so I dont feel compelled to troll and stir up chit

just seeing the RGEM Map was worth about 5 inches in real snow to me

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Eh, I used to be on the RGEM train, but it keeps windshield wiping the stall/heavy bands or whatever.  Don't have much faith or excitement.  I hopefully it's catching on to something, I dunno

True but so far the trend across all guidance Nams/icon/rgem has been a faster further south coastal capture at 12z. That’s just good. 

• Like 10
  • Weenie 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

True but so far the trend across all guidance Nams/icon/rgem has been a faster further south coastal capture at 12z. That’s just good. 

i think the icon would of shown a similar arount...there was a panel in there where it would been like 2-3 inch snow rates that was Green instead of Blue

Just now, Bob Chill said:

RGEM / ICON shift in guidance is what I was alluding to last night. Just keep my (or your) yard in the game. Unlikely that all of 12z follows but having a couple runs (and not a freakshow outlier) keep my yard in the envelope for big totals is a big win. 

Again, these storms almost ALWAYS do unexpected things in real time. I just want to know I have a chance so I dont feel compelled to troll and stir up chit

If the GFS looks like the RGEM, I may have to create a  stock market like circuit breaker mode for this board and shut it down for like 30 minutes.

It is encouraging to see SOME modeling still get us good.  Obviously, it's not even going to be close to the RGEM amounts, but maybe a trend?  Let's see if the others follow

• Haha 7

Just now, psuhoffman said:

if this storm comes to fruition, we all need to buy PSU a beer. — been analyzing models and breaking it all down for the rest of us day after day, run after run. Very appreciated sir.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, stormtracker said:

If the GFS looks like the RGEM, I may have to create a  stock market like circuit breaker mode for this board and shut it down for like 30 minutes.

It is encouraging to see SOME modeling still get us good.  Obviously, it's not even going to be close to the RGEM amounts, but maybe a trend?  Let's see if the others follow

it actually seem to start at 6z on the euro

Just now, BristowWx said:

Ok.  Guess that looks good if you like BECS level storms.  

Are there people out there who don’t like 40” of snow? Like.... 12-18” is their “ideal storm” and 24+ is just “too much”? If so, they need to get checked out. They’ve lost their weenie way!

• Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic