Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 30-February 1 Winter Storm

Hoosier

2 minutes ago, McHenrySnow said:

You can get one. Be prepared for childish insults if you say something Stebo or certain others don't agree with. 

I am going to be honest with you.  You kinda didn't make a great first impression with your posting style here.  I don't think I am alone in that assessment.  And now that you have a met tag, your posts should tend to be of higher quality than the average member.  The standard is elevated for folks like you given your larger base of knowledge.  You can help turn around how you are perceived by not getting into silly fights and improving your level of posting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

In 10 years or so of posting here I've never been insulted by anyone. Criticism of the forecast comes with the territory; at times can it be slightly unfair? Yes. But other than that we're judged by the content we provide to help others learn and it's important to consider that as a red tagger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

^ what a dick :lmao:

On the hype front, I haven't been watching the local news, but Skilling has been geeking out on FB. Just kidding Ricky, you da man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, RCNYILWX said:

In 10 years or so of posting here I've never been insulted by anyone. Criticism of the forecast comes with the territory; at times can it be slightly unfair? Yes. But other than that we're judged by the content we provide to help others learn and it's important to consider that as a red tagger. We don't get or deserve a pass for too many Banter type posts in a serious forecast discussion.

You are definitely right and something I'm going to stop doing unless in a banter thread but with a red tag I know you're held to a higher standard of content. I definitely let this ho hum winter get to me lately. I'm incredibly passionate about meteorology both winter storms and severe storms. However, as a degreed met, I should keep it strictly to meteorological discussion. I look up to mets like you and appreciate all you put into your work for LOT and for us on the forums. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

In 10 years or so of posting here I've never been insulted by anyone. Criticism of the forecast comes with the territory; at times can it be slightly unfair? Yes. But other than that we're judged by the content we provide to help others learn and it's important to consider that as a red tagger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Exactly, there is an expectation and a higher standard by being one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

I am going to be honest with you.  You kinda didn't make a great first impression with your posting style here.  I don't think I am alone in that assessment.  And now that you have a met tag, your posts should tend to be of higher quality than the average member.  The standard is elevated for folks like you given your larger base of knowledge.  You can help turn around how you are perceived by not getting into silly fights and improving your level of posting.

Do you have a tag for weather whacker status? If so, I’ll take that... lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, StormChaser4Life said:

You are definitely right and something I'm going to stop doing unless in a banter thread but with a red tag I know you're held to a higher standard of content. I definitely let this ho hum winter get to me lately. I'm incredibly passionate about meteorology both winter storms and severe storms. However, as a degreed met, I should keep it strictly to meteorological discussion. I look up to mets like you and appreciate all you put into your work for LOT and for us on the forums. 

There is nothing wrong with a bit of razzing if it comes with knowledge elsewhere. But if one is just being aggressively agitated and contrarian without any reasoning that's a problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Anyone have the 18z Kuchera map for Euro? I'm not sold on 10:1 ratios this south. More likely north of I80 in colder air and the more intense mesoscale banding. 

Thinking about breaking out the smoker tomorrow to empty the freezers. Gonna pack as much backyard snow as I can in them and go rent a wood chipper for Sunday evening to put it back down.

I'm struggling for ideas here :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Shame the absolute top notch dumping isn’t a daytime storm. Won’t complain too much, but a NE style 2-3”/hr daytime dumping is on the bucket list 

I prefer night storms. No melting, no traffic. I’m going to walk down the middle of State Street on Saturday night at 11pm and there will be no one.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mimillman said:

I prefer night storms. No melting, no traffic. I’m going to walk down the middle of State Street on Saturday night at 11pm and there will be no one.

I remember when you could walk down the middle of State Street on a Saturday afternoon in June and you only had to worry about busses.