• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 light snows

ORH_wxman

Looking at the Nam it’s either grains or light snow or freezing drizzle or all three mixed or whatever going on from starting tomorrow 00 thru 60 hours

.02-.05 melted every 6 hrs. 

It’s that pesky time duration requirement. 

5” in 60 hrs won’t trip the motion detectors heh 

it’s nasty for people who don’t like gray blue air tho 

And I’m also not sure there won’t be OES underneath ...some enhancement to eastern zones and wondering if people are actually considering that

awful long saturable fetch in cloud levels with shallow latent heat WB lift and the GFS actually shows a QPF rebundling going on out there after tomorrow night which might be a pile up of that saturated cold air into a snow in column. Not major but appeals better than radar if that happens like that.

45 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Looking at the Nam it’s either grains or light snow or freezing drizzle or all three mixed or whatever going on from starting tomorrow 00 thru 60 hours

.02-.05 melted every 6 hrs. 

It’s that pesky time duration requirement. 

5” in 60 hrs won’t trip the motion detectors heh 

it’s nasty for people who don’t like gray blue air tho 

And I’m also not sure there won’t be OES underneath ...some enhancement to eastern zones and wondering if people are actually considering that

awful long saturable fetch in cloud levels with shallow latent heat WB lift and the GFS actually shows a QPF rebundling going on out there after tomorrow night which might be a pile up of that saturated cold air into a snow in column. Not major but appeals better than radar if that happens like that.

You can see this real good when you loop the 3k NAM on Tropical tidbits

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Any signal for coastal arctic fluff tomorrow night?

No that would be Friday night. I think it stays just offshore, but you could get clipped. There is something late tomorrow night into Thursday morning across ern areas, but you are on the ptype line.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro has temps near 40 in SNH tomorrow. Maybe it's trying to show some brightening in the overcast there? It could be one of those things where when the precip stops, temp warm up a tad across the area. Not sure it will be that warm, but something to note.

What are we looking at by tomorrow morning here? I’m in charge of clearing the turf at my work and I was just curious