Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 light snows

ORH_wxman

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I definitely like both Nammy's. Will have to watch late Wed night into Thursday around here. Temps get borderline near the coast tomorrow, so could be a little RASN in lighter rates. 

Tomorrow might not even precipitate for a chunk of the day....might be like 37F and overcast with spitting drizzle or a few cruddy flakes before it reignites tomorrow night under the IVT.

• Like 1

Still gotta watch Thursday night too for extreme eastern zones...esp downeast ME to Cape Ann and maybe Cape Cod...but even NAM is trying to get a little finger of precip inland a little ways. That's a pretty unstable sounding so something to keep an eye on. 900mb winds almost turn N to NNE around there....so in addition to the LL convergence, there's a chance of an OES band or two to develop for time on Cape Ann and Cape Cod.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Still gotta watch Thursday night too for extreme eastern zones...esp downeast ME to Cape Ann and maybe Cape Cod...but even NAM is trying to get a little finger of precip inland a little ways. That's a pretty unstable sounding so something to keep an eye on. 900mb winds almost turn N to NNE around there....so in addition to the LL convergence, there's a chance of an OES band or two to develop for time on Cape Ann and Cape Cod.

:damage:

I expect nothing from the IVT, but it gives me hope for a positive bust out this way.  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Tomorrow might not even precipitate for a chunk of the day....might be like 37F and overcast with spitting drizzle or a few cruddy flakes before it reignites tomorrow night under the IVT.

That's what I envision. Probably that wet mid 30s look with some spats of snow or rain. Winds stay more N inland so I would think it wouldn't be too warm there. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Like the WAA from Maine at 850 lol.

Like the WAA from Maine at 850 lol.

The omega is actually half-decent back to like ORH.....that definitely has a little bit of bust potential. I wouldn't forecast accumulations right now for Thursday night, but that's kind of a red flag. Several parameters in place. Models don;t like to spit out QPF in the arctic airmasses like that and often screw it up.

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

:damage:

I expect nothing from the IVT, but it gives me hope for a positive bust out this way.  

You may be a little on the warm side for the first IVT tomorrow night with 34-35F slop....but you also might get a 32-33F paster. We'll have to see.

The 2nd IVT Thursday night is in the arctic airmass and that is where there could be a surprise on Cape Ann. That could be a true Norlun type setup if it broke right.

• Thanks 1

The omega is actually half-decent back to like ORH.....that definitely has a little bit of bust potential. I wouldn't forecast accumulations right now for Thursday night, but that's kind of a red flag. Several parameters in place. Models don;t like to spit out QPF in the arctic airmasses like that and often screw it up.

Just looked. Saturated nicely in the DGZ for a time, but little QPF to show. Hmmm. I know NW winds at the surface may try to eat away at some of that. 

• Like 1

You may be a little on the warm side for the first IVT tomorrow night with 34-35F slop....but you also might get a 32-33F paster. We'll have to see.

The 2nd IVT Thursday night is in the arctic airmass and that is where there could be a surprise on Cape Ann. That could be a true Norlun type setup if it broke right.

Do you think I am to far southwest for anything meaningful snow wise Thursday night/Friday?  12z NAM went bonkers with QPF over the area.

Just looked. Saturated nicely in the DGZ for a time, but little QPF to show. Hmmm. I know NW winds at the surface may try to eat away at some of that. 

Yeah it's like the lowest 2-3k feet of the atmosphere it's struggling with. But that can often be overplayed....esp near the coast. If the lowest levels are more like N aroudn Cape Ann, then that's where something could go nuts. Obviously digging that ULL further southwest will help the tug the sfc IVT further west too....so they are all connected.