Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Honestly, we pulled so many storms out of our arses. Maybe me more than you I suppose. Look at Halloween. Over 4.5" from a storm where I had no reason to get any.  Time to pay. It sucks, but that is climo too.

Maybe it's not so much the winter or any particular storm is a POS....more likely that my location is the real problem.  I heard Cape Ann averaged around 50" per season.  Haven't sniffed that in 3.5 seasons here.

BTW - You got 4.5" more than me in that Halloween storm.

3 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Maybe it's not so much the winter or any particular storm is a POS....more likely that my location is the real problem.  I heard Cape Ann averaged around 50" per season.  Haven't sniffed that in 3.5 seasons here.

Where did you hear that?

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

Read it somewhere.  I mean, I figured they did slightly better than BOS.  I think the 30-year average is in the mid-high 40s now.  At the very least, it got the same as Logan.  

Perhaps check with the historical society in Rockport, they may have snowfall records for the town. If not the library may have them.

5 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

You stick out though in that locale. Probably much different on the west end there. in 2015 you guys got crushed, I do know that. You'll get yours eventually. 

4 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Would be nice to have a Miller A not screw us up here.  They are simpler to forecast too, kinda like swfe 

Watching friday too, We are real close to snow for that ones as it looks to start as rain right now then flip, I don't know about Miller A's, They have found more ways to screw me over this way but some do hug the coast and then we get slammed, But i actually like the look of this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Watching friday too, We are real close to snow for that ones as it looks to start as rain right now then flip, I don't know, They have found more ways to screw me over this way but some do hug the coast and then we get slammed, But i actually like the look of this one.

I figure Friday is a no big deal, but it might help solidify the pack a bit and then I am hopeful for Sunday Monday as well. Seems like a good signal, that we might be walking the line a bit it’s a risk I’d rather take than having something go out to sea

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

I figure Friday is a no big deal, but it might help solidify the pack a bit and then I am hopeful for Sunday Monday as well. Seems like a good signal, that we might be walking the line a bit it’s a risk I’d rather take than having something go out to sea

Out to sea gives you 0 chance at anything........lol.

Posters doing a fine job capturing the essence of the end week and early next week pattern predicament -    FAST!

Not much to add there...  There is a presentation in the GEFs  ...and clearly the EPS too, albeit weak .. for Feb 8   - something is there. But I would pass on the oper. Euro hyper bombs ideas.. In fact, the 00z notion of weak to middling low bombing on exit and being a much bigger ordeal more so up in the NS/lowr Maritime of Canada isn't a bad fit.  But like I've said in the past - these models don't arrive to 'physically impossible' solutions.. either.  Those previous Euro :o runs were happening mid way through a compression flow - so there is going to be inherent sensitivity/model error there. Fact of the matter is...yeah, you can get a fast moving bomb out of an open wave.

Friday in the foreground here is not a 'real' concern - it never was in my mind. It's a leading baroclinic entry into a new pattern and cutter phenomenon - typically associated to a newly arriving -EPO/quasi -EPO cold loading event.  Yeah, sometimes if luck prevails ...we'll get a 3000 km occluded boundary to a triple point near the NY Bite ...and squeeze a fast moving forgettable snow-ice-cool rain before the modified arctic air mass floods in behind recements..  It's been that way in all models and ensembles and is climatologically sound, too - so there's not really much room there ... 

I am something just shy of intrigued by the Feb 11-15 period of time however.   That one - should the 8th fast mover sort of thing fail - might be the next period of time for something of interest. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Posters doing a fine job capturing the essence of the end week and early next week pattern predicament -    FAST!

Not much to add there...  There is a presentation in the GEFs  ...and clearly the EPS too, albeit weak .. for Feb 8   - something is there. But I would pass on the oper. Euro hyper bombs ideas.. In fact, the 00z notion of weak to middling low bombing on exit and being a much bigger ordeal more so up in the NS/lowr Maritime of Canada isn't a bad fit.  But like I've said in the past - these models don't arrive to 'physically impossible' solutions..

Friday in the foreground here is not a 'real' concern - it never was in my mind. It's a leading baroclinic entry into a new pattern and cutter phenomenon - typically associated to a newly arriving -EPO/quasi -EPO cold loading event.  Yeah, sometimes if luck prevails ...we'll get a 3000 km occluded boundary to a triple point near the NY Bite ...and squeeze a fast moving forgettable snow-ice-cool rain before the modified arctic air mass floods in behind recements..  It's been that way in all models and ensembles and is climatologically sound, too - so there's not really much room there ... 

I am something just shy of intrigued by the Feb 11-15 period of time however.   That one - should the 8th fast mover sort of thing fail - might be the next period of time for something of interest. 

And if it misses, time for March

43 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

And if it misses, time for March

March 1956 snowed north of 80% of that year's annum climo in the upper M/A and I believe that involved NE too -

It is April that is the cruelest month ... 

I mean, if one's personal druthers meant more than a turd's worth of any consideration ... I start waning on winter enthusiasm really fast toward the end of February's myself.  By then, two weeks have gone by after the end date of the perennial solar nadir - that being Feb 10 at our latitude. You can feel the sun's winning on the face and forearms, or how Kevin so oft waxes poetry about those warming sensations that kiss his napes...  Heh, the futility of holding onto winter in those days is like when you're watching an awesome movie ignoring taking a piss - only gets worse and worse.. Finally, you have to go do it - in this case..admit it. For some, it takes until June 1 but -  It is the fact that out of nowhere it's 6:07 pm and there still some daylight left .... and the next week we bump clocks... We are falling uphill out of winter, and it's sad coming in here and reading through eye-rolling denial - lol...  Yeah, I guess some years we hit a pine bow on the way up and breaks our "fall" into depression, if for an instant of hesitation around some late anomalies - or, we outright hit a trampoline like in '56. But most years ... it tends to be over -

I just love summer, and heat tracking patterns .. and crispy TCUs ...  My nostalgia is just as strong for summer fair - and I enjoy long days, smells of lilacs, fresh cut lawns.. Perfume from some milf in line next to me at an ice cream shop. I miss the aroma of barbecues, or that pungent sweetness of a distant thunderstorm's body odor. 

I don't really experience the NEGATIVE variant of the S.A.D. condition, that mirror form; and it's recognize by the ... you know, national psycho-babble institute of brain-boxes ... It's rarer though, but real, and afflicts ~15% of the population in the same was normal S.A.D. does ( which I think the crucible of time has distilled the user ship of this social media ) ... Where the 'darkness' and cold temperatures grade on people's joy and functional circuitry in 'normal' S.A.D., these opposing ilk get that in summer.  The thought of summer actually causes these individuals anguish if not pain.  

Interesting... but, anyway, don't discount March -

• Thanks 1