Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February the climo snow month

Ginx snewx

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Our Davis Strait friend is back and saves our bacon on that run. That thing prob rips through SYR otherwise

I think in this case that may be needed ...  These -NAO is behaving kindly wrt climate, in that these are modest permutations ... fluctuations in the neutral to -1 ...maybe brief 2 before relaxing ... pulsating on a 5 day periodicity. And with a steady diet of Pac energetics rippling through middle latitudes of the continent - very good petridish...

Only, we don't need 504 dm super nadirs parked over JB because that's "too much of a good thing" -

I saw the GGEM 's 12z ...It really was close to a very substantial event from the lower OV-NE regions because of the same governing reasons ...  narily missing a subsume phase because the separate stream velocties are too excessive..

The Euro is about 20% ( ediit: actually much more than 20 ...) more stream fused/harmonic .. and we see a bomb there..  Really, the ensembles of the GEFs hint a fast mover too -

Something is there for Feb 8-11 .. .but in this renewal of a faster hemisphere S of 55 N ... it probably biases on the front half of that range.

Hints were there 2 days ago in the GEFs btw...We've been distracted by shenanigans in the foreground.  

• Like 3

Stepping back ...however, I'd put that at dubiously over evolved.. 

The flow being so fast in that pattern means the timing of the N/ stream/SPV subsuming down through the Upper Midwest earlier on D7 has to be pristine to pull that off, and at this range ? unlikely to prevail thru to verification.  It can ...sure - just unlikely ..