Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

37 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That’s pretty temporary 

27 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

And we’ve seen that look not come to fruition before

Agreed. You can't take a one-frame snip of a multi-week model run and make some sort of definitive comment about where the pattern will be going.

3 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

ICON is something like a 2-3" deal for this weekend, at least for the general DC area. Hard to tell fully because it's obscured by the last event, but will be easier to see when surface panels come out. 

Nice to see Icon still on the snow train  for the weekend. Looks like a 2 to 4" deal with higher amounts close to the M/D line

20 minutes ago, Ji said:

ill take the GFS for next tuesday with a few adjustments and call it a winter

looks like the best setup (on paper) that the gfs is dishing out right now.  banana high to the north.  plenty of moisture.  euro is icy, though, and took a step back from 0z so we'll see what happens with that one.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

The hp orientation looks better to me . Maybe extraping it's some snow sleet vs sleet ice at least to begin.  A Eps cluster has snow for a portion of the storm.  What a great week it's been and week ahead for tracking. 

Tracking game is fun but you gotta bag one and eat eventually or the result is still starvation.  I’m hungry! 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

The hp orientation looks better to me . Maybe extraping it's some snow sleet vs sleet ice at least to begin.  Confluence to the Northeast definitely ticked south lookin at it 

A Eps cluster has snow for a portion of the storm.  What a great week it's been and week ahead for tracking. 

We have had a pretty good winter up here so far...but you have to realize a LOT of people in this forum have been screwed over time after time after time and are sitting way below climo for this date despite the "great" pattern and "fun tracking" and until they get an actual flush hit with good snow on the ground the fun of this is gone.  I totally get it.  We need a big hit for the DC/Baltimore area STAT because all these threats without any payoff just gets stressful and old after a while.   I really hope one of the next few waves becomes a real genuine thump hit for DC/Baltimore so it doesn't get ugly in here.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

50 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I don't appreciate this . I personally love tracking. Imo the best part . Why do u feel the need to say this to me I'm not sure? . I grew up in Baltimore.  I know there climo . How was my post putting anyone down ? 

Really ?

It wasn't meant as an attack on you...and I apologize if it came off that way.  But I guess I was saying I understand the less enthusiastic tone coming from most of this forum compared to your excitement.  If I was living in Baltimore, and I think of lot of them feel this way, I wouldn't give a crap about models or tracking or ANYTHING except getting some freaking snow on my lawn right freaking now at this point.  They have waited years to get a decent snowfall and have been nothing but teased endlessly this winter.   You love the chase and that is awesome...I love the chase also but at some point there has to be a payoff or it gets frustrating imo.  We have had a payoff up here.  I was just pointing out that I hope they get a hit very soon, hopefully this week, so the mood in here doesn't get depressing.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1