Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Doesn't look TOO bad based on the TT maps, starts off the upper 30s 18z Wednesday and cools to about freezing by 00z.  Workable but of course we know how things go here with marginal temps a lot of the time.  

I guess "really warm" was off a little but I like the GFS progression with temps.  I know this is a different set up with artic air lurking and it does get colder through the storm.  I saw the upper 30s temps with precip rolling in.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

CMC looks decent for the first wave Wed into Thursday for the DC area but misses south with the follow up wave, nice snow in central/southern VA with that. 

yea we cant have that...we need both waves

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, Chase said:

Heavy freezing rain has a harder time accreting than light rain, just throwing that into the discussion. 

I think this is actually a very good point to consider. It can accrete on elevated surfaces, but not really on roads when it's too heavy. I lived in Montreal for a while and we used to get some epic freezing rain there since it was in a valley, but it rarely caused much trouble unless it was very light. One notable exception was around Christmas in 2011. We had heavy rain at 23 degrees and I can confirm that if it's cold enough, even the heavy stuff accretes well.

• Like 1