• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb Long Range Discussion (Day 3 and beyond) - MERGED

WinterWxLuvr

UK, wave 1 was significantly dryer and wave 2 was a little better...NET total for both events is a 4-8" snowfall across the area...NW VA jack of around 8".  Step down from 0z which was a general 6-10" across the area but still a nice event that jacks our area.  
When are you posting about the ultimate fail scenario where wave 1 is dry and wave 2 stays south
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:
UK, wave 1 was significantly dryer and wave 2 was a little better...NET total for both events is a 4-8" snowfall across the area...NW VA jack of around 8".  Step down from 0z which was a general 6-10" across the area but still a nice event that jacks our area.  

When are you posting about the ultimate fail scenario where wave 1 is dry and wave 2 stays south

You just did it for me. Thanks 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

He pretty much just did

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

UK is a foot plus through the weekend for NW of the cities. This QPF is almost all snow this run. 

qpf_acc.us_ma.png

It’s 8–10 NW of 95 from all 3 waves. There are some snizzle and light mix periods in there that added up tack on an extra .1-.2 qpf that wouldn’t be accumulating snow.   But I am not arguing it wasn’t a good run. I was just describing it verbatim. Ji can let you know how it sucks!  Btw the weekend wave is close. DC is on the edge of a bigger snow. The wave gets it’s act together just a bit too late.  Yea I know sounds familiar but one of these will work out eventually. 

I am loving all the Freezing Rain discussions! It takes me back to my undergrad research project and a journal article that I found particularly helpful at that time in understanding the subject much better. No analysis of the current setup here - just simply putting this out there for others to read if they have time.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/view/journals/wefo/19/2/1520-0434_2004_019_0377_aaofrf_2_0_co_2.xml

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Models seem to be all disagreeing on the progression of the ULL and any undercutting energy. We’re going to see a lot of different scenarios in the medium range