• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Banter and General Disco 2

dendrite

Dollar index broke out of a descending channel (like it Did when stocks fell for 3 of 4 weeks in the fall. This on the back of record margin debt and leverage as well as call options . Seems we are gonna dip for a period , a Successful back test of the 90.73 level on dollar index Would increase confidence That a stock market trading about 3-4 standard deviations away from it normal sentiment will get rid of some “froth” and there is plenty . These things are never sure things..but a dollar rally is a good way to cause a sell off. 

When the dollar breaks up, equities have a strong correlation of going down. We can see this also occurred after first week in September for a couple weeks 

Anyway , unless Biden et all put a big stimulus together fast , seems the dollar will give stocks a pause at a time when seasonality is short term bearish *and this will likely set up a nice buying opportunity At lower levels ..as its likely the dollar will resume its decline after And keep stocks moving up . Unless Joe has much more resistance in congress popping up to the new stimulus plan that has effectively been priced into market .  Again just a bit more of a hunch but given the nose bleed valuations it's worth watching this short term dollar rally.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It’s what we get for always doing things on the cheap.  State govt IT is always garbage.  Local is even worse.   Won’t even mention feds.    

Even in our relatively low-pop state, any significant IT changes are like stopping a fully loaded supertanker.

Cool picture of an American Marten taken in Crawford Notch. Nice to see them making a comeback up in NNE. I believe they were once common in most of New England. Most of the population is up north in Canada now. 

Most of the population has always been in Canada.  However, Maine has a fairly healthy number of marten, possibly the most in the lower 48.  (Same for Canada lynx, moose, fisher.  Probably close for loons, too.  Geography and % of forest land.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrianW said:

Cool picture of an American Marten taken in Crawford Notch. Nice to see them making a comeback up in NNE. I believe they were once common in most of New England. Most of the population is up north in Canada now. 

Screenshot_20210116-083859_Instagram.thumb.jpg.056f61dabfa2ebcb20e2a71229646e89.jpg

Saw one of these guys on the Appalachian Trail between South Twin and Guyot in the Whites this year. One of my favorite animal encounters while hiking. 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Nice pics . My favorite place in New England 

Reggae vibe from that SR pic. 

I’m hoping to sneak up there later this winter. Glad to see they got smoked. A few more SWFE snowfalls would do wonders up there. Had a slow start to the season. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I’m hoping to sneak up there later this winter. Glad to see they got smoked. A few more SWFE snowfalls would do wonders up there. Had a slow start to the season. 

18Z GFS was run out of SR Loaf basement. There's my 2011 200 miles north lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Also Grafton Notch is such a cool place winter and summer. Camped up there back in da day