• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

January 8th-9th threat

We got down to 36 here near Marion under heavier returns but now back up to 38 and the returns are having trouble making it here so far. Should fill in soon 

Guys, there is a obs thread. I don’t care either way but it might be easier to put OBs there. No worries from me either way . Just a suggestion 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Grayman said:

Guys, there is a obs thread. I don’t care either way but it might be easier to put OBs there. No worries from me either way . Just a suggestion 

I currently do not see the obs thread. Anywho light rain still here with possible flakes

1 minute ago, oconeexman said:

I currently do not see the obs thread. Anywho light rain still here with possible flakes

I just pinned it.

• Thanks 2

I hope the 0z hrrr is correct it sits deform band in northern foothills for hours 

2 minutes ago, HKY1894 said:

I hope the 0z hrrr is correct it sits deform band in northern foothills for hours 

Its been like that for a couple runs...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Just wanted to say long time lurker and first time poster. Thanks to all of you for your knowledge over the years. You've taught me a ton and you guys are the best. Greetings from Inman, SC. Hope somebody gets a heck of a thump. Inman is usually a pretty good location for borderline events, but I don't have a great deal of hope for this system. GSP didn't even put Spartanburg County under a WWA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

0z NAM hammering central NC , S VA with the deform band...

And finishes putting the nail in the coffin for the SW mountains.

• Like 2

Seems the hype for this one is fizzling out.  When they didn't brine the roads here that was a bit of a reality check.  Good luck to all and I hope some of you score big unexpectedly. If I see some day time flakes it will be a win in my book.

• Sad 1

It appears to me looking at the radar and upper air satellite that the upper low is further north than any models had it. Most had it down in Central MS or Bama but right now it's close to northern MS and Bama

9 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

SW VA Is the place to be according to both NAM'S

Latest HRRR a little more aggressive with the push up toward my door step. Disc did mention that some of the models he can view did show earlier the precip shield expanding a little more than what even some of the public hi res models were showing. Will be interesting because my outlook is zilch up here so anything will be a bonus.

It looks like an area between Nashville and Chattanooga is getting buried right now. They had no warnings up a few hours ago... wwa now.

• Like 1