• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

January Discobs 2021

Temp already up to 42. This was looking like a mid 30s days just like 48 hours ago. No cold air.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Why is it so complicated to post a pic on this site?  For Christ's sake, why can't we simply insert an image?

Try emailing the photo to yourself. Small or medium if given the choice. Then copy and paste.

5 minutes ago, George BM said:

Well that was a surprisingly decent snow/graupel shower just now. Briefly heavy and it has whitened the grass.

That's 0.1" of snow/graupel on the day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

lol high of 45F at BWI today.  This was the "cold" day for the week.  4F above normal.

39 high  here but that wind was nasty this afternoon.  

Down  to 28 already though 

Eps Meteogram for Westminster has only 1 out of 15 days above normal.  14 days mostly below normal :weenie:

Well, I caught the very northern part of that south slider, flurries past hour with a car/deck topper and currently 30.5/23.2. This after catching the very southern end of the snow showers yesterday morning. Currently at 6 days with flakes from the sky, tomorrow's report will be 7th. All light stuff, the grand total over those days is 1.0 inch, but least it looks pretty falling.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Well, I caught the very northern part of that south slider, flurries past hour with a car/deck topper and currently 30.5/23.2. This after catching the very southern end of the snow showers yesterday morning. Currently at 6 days with flakes from the sky, tomorrow's report will be 7th. All light stuff, the grand total over those days is 1.0 inch, but least it looks pretty falling.

I went back to 07-08 season (the CoCoRaHS period, as I call it) and these are the longest streaks of at least a T of snow reported daily

12 days 12/21/12 - 01/01/13, 3.7 inches total

11 days 12/31/09 - 01/10/10, 4.3 inches total

10 days 02/27/13 - 03/08/13, 5.1 inches total

09 days 01/21/11 - 01/29/11, 2.5 inches total

09 days 01/16/14 - 01/24/14, 6.3 inches total

09 days 03/07/18 - 03/15/18, 3.0 inches total

08 days 12/02/10 - 12/09/10, 2.7 inches total

08 days 01/12/12 - 01/19/12, 0.4 inches total

the last is my favorite, ALL 'T' except one 0.4 recording.... so the 7 days is not as uncommon as I first thought... I am sure if I dug into the 'paper hard copies' from 80's 90's and 00's I would find more too. I need to spend a day or two on a vacation and get those into an Excel spreadsheet, it would be easier than what I am doing now, digging through years of paper records.

• Like 1