Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve 2020 Snow Potential

cyclone77

1 hour ago, McHenrySnow said:

You've had more than most.

I have to laugh at Ohio finally getting one decent storm and all of a sudden it's like we're the snowiest place on earth.  And it's not like that storm crushed the whole state - I don't have a snowfall map but I would guess at least half the state got less than 4 inches.  I did alright with 7.5" but most of the big totals were in the snow belt where they expect to be buried.

The last 3 or 4 winters have been brutal for snow in this area.  CLE's snow the last 2 winters combined is close to what 1 normal winter should bring.  In spite of the 10" in the 12/1 storm CLE is barely above normal for the season and will probably be below by Christmas Eve.  And it's far from certain that the Christmas Eve system produces in Ohio.

I would love for the entire subforum to have a good winter, but if most of the action passes through Ohio, I won't feel a bit guilty.

2 minutes ago, vpbob21 said:

I have to laugh at Ohio finally getting one decent storm and all of a sudden it's like we're the snowiest place on earth.  And it's not like that storm crushed the whole state - I don't have a snowfall map but I would guess at least half the state got less than 4 inches.  I did alright with 7.5" but most of the big totals were in the snow belt where they expect to be buried.

The last 3 or 4 winters have been brutal for snow in this area.  CLE's snow the last 2 winters combined is close to what 1 normal winter should bring.  In spite of the 10" in the 12/1 storm CLE is barely above normal for the season and will probably be below by Christmas Eve.  And it's far from certain that the Christmas Eve system produces in Ohio.

I would love for the entire subforum to have a good winter, but if most of the action passes through Ohio, I won't feel a bit guilty.

I had 3.5 inches. 25 minutes south of me had nothing.

Come on people.  No one has a crystal ball.  This is a about the thrill of chase and learning something along the way from some great professionals that graciously share their craft. 

Let's have some humanity and all lighten up.  For the Love!

36 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Not starting unnecessary threads would be a start.

• Like 5

Come on people.  No one has a crystal ball.  This is a about the thrill of chase and learning something along the way from some great professionals that graciously share their craft. 
Let's have some humanity and all lighten up.  For the Love!

Don’t worry, he’s the in house know it all.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Angrysummons said:

Not starting unnecessary threads would be a start.

There is still a system and some places will see something appreciable. Problem is that it isn't Chicago so some are getting bent over it. Fact is no one has had a good winter yet so any of this cutthroat nonsense is just stupid.

Lots of butt hurt in here for a “storm” that was never actually modeled on fantasy land. Always “we are getting closer” or “nice trend”. 

This kind of pissing and moaning for a real threat vanishing is one thing, but to be upset that the weenie hallucination disappeared is beyond ridiculous. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Lots of butt hurt in here for a “storm” that was never actually modeled on fantasy land. Always “we are getting closer” or “nice trend”. 

This kind of pissing and moaning for a real threat vanishing is one thing, but to be upset that the weenie hallucination disappeared is beyond ridiculous. 

Well said.  There was never good model agreement on a big storm in this timeframe.  Maybe a rogue run here or there and that's about it.  

Still a possibility of a surprise, but if not, then just hope you can lay down a little snow just in time for Christmas.  Would be better than bare ground.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McHenrySnow said:

And it's still not a thing. I've never seen anyone in Ohio gladly sacrifice a storm for folks further west and I would never expect you to. 

How exactly does one "sacrifice" a storm? Given that you all to the west get more snow than me, with the exception of the first month or two of this season, you all certainly deserve it. But whatever happens is what happens.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vpbob21 said:

image.thumb.png.ce341556e1f54f910d9a0ab0270136c9.png

Outside of NE Ohio it's still been relatively weak here. I've measured just north of 4" here NW of Columbus. Sure we've had more action but it's nowhere near what some of y'all are portraying it to be.

5 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Surprised I didn't make people salty saying I'm happy to get some LES from this.  The phantom synoptic event on the ECMWF messed up the Christmas Eve LES scenario by turning the wind too northerly as happened almost all last winter.  I think last year set a record for the number of completely snowless cold outbreaks here IMBY.  It made me understand Chicago people better.  Here in the snow belt cold usually comes with some snow but last year was really frustrating.

• Like 1