• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Christmas Eve 2020 Snow Potential

cyclone77

Never seen so much model agreement. Looking fairly clear now, for ohio crew, gonna be rain with a switch to snow for a brief period when the front passes. Will it be enough for a white Christmas, not sure. Barring changes within the next couple model runs I'd say dusting to 2" is looking to be the likely scenario.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

Never seen so much model agreement. Looking fairly clear now, for ohio crew, gonna be rain with a switch to snow for a brief period when the front passes. Will it be enough for a white Christmas, not sure. Barring changes within the next couple model runs I'd say dusting to 2" is looking to be the likely scenario.

Probably going to be all east of me, maybe a coating. Just a slight tick west and I could see an inch or two. Eastern Ohio will do well again.

25 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

Probably going to be all east of me, maybe a coating. Just a slight tick west and I could see an inch or two. Eastern Ohio will do well again.

I'm in mount vernon. Looks like you'll see about what we will. Dusting to couple inches. Still holding out some hope, but its quickly dimished. If we arent seeing any changes on the 18z runs to signal something for 0z, id say its over for most West of Youngstown.

40 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Potential for huge LES event off of Erie for this weekend. Still lots of details to iron out, but could be a big one. Getting a little excited. 

Definitely looks pretty good for your area, not expecting to much in NWL Mich, having probably the worst LES season I have experienced since moving up here back in 2012. It was bound to happen sometime.  UP just as bad.. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, dilly84 said:

I'm in mount vernon. Looks like you'll see about what we will. Dusting to couple inches. Still holding out some hope, but its quickly dimished. If we arent seeing any changes on the 18z runs to signal something for 0z, id say its over for most West of Youngstown.

image.png.6f6022864e9f2ef752394f1c5591ddcf.png

Looks decent for you in Mt. Vernon. Painfully close for me. Euro wants to keep that snow in the general area for about 9 hours.

15 minutes ago, josh_4184 said:

Definitely looks pretty good for your area, not expecting to much in NWL Mich, having probably the worst LES season I have experienced since moving up here back in 2012. It was bound to happen sometime.  UP just as bad.. 

It's been pretty bad here, not 1 LES event so far, only 8" on the year. Binghamton and central NY had 3-4 feet of snow. We've been the odd man out. Just hiked some peaks in the Adirondacks and 2-3 feet of snow up there as well. 

8 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

What kind of color is expected? W, NW, N, NNW lol?

Looks to be meandering wind directions from W to SW from late Thurs into Sunday morning. 

Coldest airmass of season pours across the region on Christmas Day
with synoptic snow giving way to moderate to heavy lake snow east of
both Lakes. Travel likely to become an issue, mainly from southern
suburbs of Buffalo to PA line and east of Lake Ontario.

Heavy lake snows Christmas night east of both lakes. Cap 8-12k ft so
rates >2" likely with DGZ fully in play. Thunder/lightning
will also be possible (esp east of Lk Ont).

Impressive lake snows will persist through Saturday, possibly
lingering into Sunday morning, while remainder of the region will
experience occasional snow showers under cyclonic flow aloft and mid
winter temps well below freezing.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, josh_4184 said:

At least you've had snow OTG and 2 foot to date Iirc. Better than so many in this sub.

Just now, RogueWaves said:

At least you've had snow OTG and 2 foot to date Iirc. Better than so many in this sub.

True but as with anything in life its all relative, I'm still about 25" down on snowfall IMBY, APX is about `20".  Many areas in this sub only average 25-50" for the year. At leas local impacts really don't matter at this point due to COVID already destroying it. 

• Like 1

More Good News for Northern Ohio:

Overnight on Wednesday, temperatures will slowly begin to drop from
the 40s into the 30s as the cold front approaches from the west. The
cold front is expected to move through the area Thursday morning
into the afternoon hours. As a result of this, Thursday`s high
temperature will occur early in the day and be in the mid 30s to low
40s, steadily decreasing to low in the mid teens for overnight
Thursday. As these temperatures steadily decrease from west to east,
the widespread rain showers will gradually switch over to primarily
snow showers driven by a synoptic set up including strong upper
level support for lift from the jet stream. There remains quite a