Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

ORH_wxman

3 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

10” Compact, 11.5” Total.  

Shows just How crappy and sleety the snow was last night to have such a uniform 10” but 11.5 total.  

Past 5 Hours...... 2.5”.  Putrid.  Meanwhile half the board North and West of me has 20” and still getting killed.  But can’t complain as much s that Historic subby zone.  But they probably already have 12” while I catch up, but this little rounded band may not last.  

I’m in East Greenwich and I’m happy with the 9+ inches already. I think the nature of people is to have “snow envy” for the people who get more than we did but just be happy we got what we got. Where we are many of these storm changeover to rain during an event. I think we fared pretty well here in RI for mid December 

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Had 20” at 8am...13.3” from 12-6 and then 6.7” new in the huge area I cleared. New uncleared depth was 18.5” so that passes the smell test for settling. That 6.7” was 2 hours so we’re doing 2-4”/hr. I’d estimate 22-23” right now. I’ll go out and measure at 9am. I need to reclear the path to the birds. 

Lol, you're gonna end up with 30+ after nearly throwing in the towel. :lol:

That is a fricken' sweet band. Congrats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol, you're gonna end up with 30+ after nearly throwing in the towel. :lol:

That is a fricken' sweet band. Congrats.

Herpes with the 2" liquid equivalent

You guys might dismiss the herpes, forget it's even there at times, but IT ALWAYS COMES BACK

• Haha 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Deforms always north of modelling. It’s like rule 1 of coastals. 

I've seen them SE...it happened in Jan 2015 (even when you discount the Euro in that one). But yeah, they do often seem to sneak further NW than consensus guidance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bristolri_wx said:

That may have compacted overnight. I was in the 6-8” range earlier overnight.

Thankful it never really fully changed to rain or sleet here in Bristol. Of course as usual most of the heavy stuff stayed north of here after the first few bands went through.

yeah total PITA to clear with blower, time to go mons and FIL to clear , all snow now, but light to mod, still 33.1/32 at UUU

8 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I'm thinking my 8-14 call for CT is going to end up being money

I see some reports already in 13-14" range from a couple hours ago in northern fairfield, litchfield and w hfd counties. I bet theres some 16-20 reports.

Looks like extreme SW CT is def going to be the minimum. SE CT doesnt looked like they got porked like they always do with 8-10" reports from 3-4hrs ago. Theyll get a foot.

Itll be interesting to make a map for this one for sure!

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I see some reports already in 13-14" range from a couple hours ago in northern fairfield, litchfield and w hfd counties. I bet theres some 16-20 reports.

Looks like extreme SW CT is def going to be the minimum. SE CT doesnt looked like they got porked like they always do with 8-10" reports from 3-4hrs ago. Theyll get a foot.

Itll be interesting to make a map for this one for sure!

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Litchfield cty probably has a higher spot, they always do. They are basically NY anyway

47 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Easton CT peepes any measurements? I measured 7.5 but given that central Park I believe got 10 and other reports in area I think my measurement is low. Something is wrong with my yard!

I got nothing more than 7.5 around the yard. Either we had lots of sleet, drifting issues, or just poor snow growth after the mixing.