• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
December 16-17, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

wdrag

Good Wednesday morning everyone, I've followed a recent example on the New England forum and offer this topic as a start over at 1PM with obs-nowcasts. The tags included hopefully cover the gamut of potential amounts.  If we are certain about daily records being exceeded please add and ditto if we get top 20 at any xmacis climate site. Thank you all for contributing to the excitement-anticipation of a pretty good nor'easter. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, White Gorilla said:

Love the feel of cold, a slight breeze and a slight whiff of snow scent in the air before a big one.  22/4 in Poughkeepsie. 

Yeah right now to my ESE it's bright and the sky still has that great early morning yellow glow and as you go overhead it grays out and it's dark(ish) to the WSW, there's a refreshing N breeze, you can feel it coming. 

Temps around the hill range from 20-25 depending on exposure and height, dp's are all 7-8 and steady NNE  @ 4-5. 

I know this isn't an official looking ob but being able to look under the cloud deck and see the leading edge evolution is pretty cool.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Not too bullish, haven't seen significant pressure falls along Hatteras yet.  I would say 6-8" in central Union County NJ, unless the coastal low gets going FAST.

I'm not too far from you.  Very interested to see how we fare.  Sometimes we win and win big riding the line and other times we get sleetfest (hence my sig/name).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

20.8° and waiting.

No concerns here for a change to rain but when the 700-850 layer warms I've seen sleet sneak up here unannounced and unexpected, even 50  miles north of midtown where I'm located.

During PD2 the heavy sleet made it up to Patterson. I was shoveling out my store and lot when it started and the snowpack lost 5-6" in just a few minutes when it started. It really is surprising how far inland those warm pushes make it in these dynamic storms.

• Like 1