Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,042
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

December 16-17, 2020 Winter Storm Obs/Nowcasting


WxUSAF

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I know March 2017 was mentioned earlier as a possible comparison to this one. There was also a storm in 2007 I think where it was supposed to maybe snow a bit and then turn to ice and then rain and we got way more snow than expected. Maybe six inches or something. It was on a weekend and I had to work and I remember it being a really tough commute home on 695.

lol... I remember that storm in 2007... I was out late the night before and was partying hard for several days... I had no idea it was supposed to snow.. I woke up that afternoon and there was 10 inches on the ground.. first and only time a snow storm surprised me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ji said:
7 minutes ago, mappy said:
Been a while since I've had to submit snow totals to LWX -- friendly reminder, measure every hour, clear every six! 

Clear my rain?

yeah, i think waterboy posted a gif in banter yesterday showing you how to do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those 10Z HRRR  maps posted on the previous page would be ridiculous for my area -- 12.6" snow, 3.9" sleet and 0.19" ice?!  Now I know that's highly unlikely but it would be nuts.  Even the new Euro JI posted would be a huge win compared to my expectaions.

27/20 at closest station to me (GAI) but that spot runs cold.  I have 29

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...