Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
December 16/17 Winter Event

MN Transplant

1 minute ago, Jebman said:

I dont mean to be an overexcited snow weenie here, but I just read that Prince William County in Virginia is under a Winter Storm Watch for MORE than 5 inches of snow!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-----HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that verifies will you come teach us how to shovel snow? No one remembers how to shovel anymore.....

1 minute ago, Jebman said:

Mountain Geek - I think you live in the higher elevations. You're probably gonna exceed a foot.

Yeah on the BR, around 850ft or so.....I promise to take a Jebwalk in your honor. But I'm kind of bummed if this doesn't pan out for a larger chunk of the subforum.....Dec/Christmas storms are rare and a region-wide mauling would be something nice to end 2020 with.....

2 minutes ago, MountainGeek said:

Yeah on the BR, around 850ft or so.....I promise to take a Jebwalk in your honor. But I'm kind of bummed if this doesn't pan out for a larger chunk of the subforum.....Dec/Christmas storms are rare and a region-wide mauling would be something nice to end 2020 with.....

You're gonna get totally SHELLACKED by heavy snow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Looking at SV maps, which are posted here above it looks like. Surface temps are also chilly. GFS thermals are like 5-7 degrees warmer. 

Yea but those precip plots are “previous 6 hours” and the temps are at the end of the period as temps crash on the back. Need to see the temps at 48hrs to know if it’s better or your seeing it AFTER the warm surge. Would imply at least some snow on the back but how much hard to say without that info. 

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic