Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

everything looks good for folks south of the NH/MA border, no question that S.Pike crew will do well, 12"+ is a lock  The question is north, currently feel 8-10" for this area, with the due east movement and maybe some dry air to overcome at the onset that sounds reasonable.  Hopefully we get a couple of bumps north next 36hrs.

I’m starting to think the heaviest axis will run along the Pike now. MA/NH border and SEMA still get crushed, just not JP.  Blue Hill probably the winner in the end. 

18 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Considering our storm today was more amplified than the models showed 24 hours out, I would lean towards the UKMET, EURO, CMC and ensembles then the GFS and NAM!

Really because it trended a lot weaker and further south than a few days ago. 

The Euro was the first to amp up today's storm but now it looks closer to the Gfs.

I don't think people should be quick to dismiss the Gfs in the presence of a strong, cold high not too far north. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

everything looks good for folks south of the NH/MA border, no question that S.Pike crew will do well, 12"+ is a lock  The question is north, currently feel 8-10" for this area, with the due east movement and maybe some dry air to overcome at the onset that sounds reasonable.  Hopefully we get a couple of bumps north next 36hrs.

I think the issue with this storm is certainly going to be that the  accumulations on the Northern edge are tenuous with bumps south.  Tight gradient on the warning level snows 

Just now, NorEastermass128 said:

I’m starting to think the heaviest axis will run along the Pike now. MA/NH border and SEMA still get crushed, just not JP.  Blue Hill probably the winner in the end. 

I'm OK not to JP for this storm at least lol, it's been a long time since we see a nice storm, looking forward to it and happy for those that get clobbered 

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I think the issue with this storm is certainly going to be that the  accumulations on the Northern edge are tenuous with bumps south.  Tight gradient on the warning level snows 

yeah I can envision allot of folks screaming at radarscope when they can't get that shield just a few miles north.. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The amped/warmer trend looks to have begun. I’d be concerned for the best banding to lift north off the south coast and into northern sne and cne and curl back to the se into the snow mecca. nam, uk, eps hints at it. 

Stop stealing my snow 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Thanks 4 seasons. Quite a few members west of the mean at hr 84 there. Maybe why it looked a little slower to leave.

Took like 10 minutes to make that post lol. It's a workout resizing everything to fit right, i usually dont post full images because it becomes a monster post, then when people quote it...

FYI for anyone who didnt see, we got a thread for todays event, check it out..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

We’re still 3 days out so just a first guess but uk/nammy hint at it...and some eps members do as well. gfs is tossed as far as one can toss a skinny old brittled pope.

Why are people so quick to dismiss the Gfs? 

It's one of the best performing models there is. Seems odd to outright throw it out. And gfs does very well in the 3 day timeframe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Why are people so quick to dismiss the Gfs? 

It's one of the best performing models there is. Seems odd to outright throw it out. And gfs does very well in the 3 day timeframe.

I think folks are putting less weight on it.. when all other guidance shows a different scenario, you need to consider if it's out to lunch .. I mean it could be right .. 12z should start to answer that question imo. I'm worried for my area because of the GFS, so I'm definitely not discounting it 100%

• Like 1

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ted Weaker for most in SNE On 6z

Meh could be noise, could be ridding of the extreme wrn outliers too. I mean an area near the Quabbin could have been 10.5" on the 00z run and get into the light purple shading and now is 9.7" on the 6z run and stay in the blue. 

20 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I think I had you near the s end of the 6-12".

1 minute ago, Bostonseminole said:

I think folks are putting less weight on it.. when all other guidance shows a different scenario, you need to consider if it's out to lunch .. I mean it could be right .. 12z should start to answer that question imo. I'm worried for my area because of the GFS, so I'm definitely not discounting it 100%

It just seems odd to me that this storm could be so amped up against a pretty strong nearby high.

The low isn't that strong either. Honestly I'd be shocked if the overly amped models didn't start trending south 24-36 hours before the storm hits. 

I think a Euro/Gfs compromise works best right now.