Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Amazing how steady the EPS have been. Kind of hard to go against those at the moment. 

Yea, for days now. The mean just steadily ramps up as it consolidates into clusters. We’re getting inside D4 now so we should start picking up on clues by dissecting op runs. What Chris posted should give a slight pause though. I’ve learned over the years to start backwards ie what can go wrong and not start with my snow goggles on...but it’s not easy lol. It’s why I’ve been hesitant to be fully nude yet despite how great it’s looked for this area. The block helps minimize the margin of error but this may have a trick or two up it’s sleeve. 

14 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Kinda surprised at no watches given the fact NJ issued them a period before. Probably PM shift then. W. Drag must be giddy.

There's still quite a bit of time left, and when watches go up you tend to get locked into your first guess forecast amounts. I'm not sure there is a ton of confidence for parts of the area when it comes to snowfall amounts. 

6 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There's still quite a bit of time left, and when watches go up you tend to get locked into your first guess forecast amounts. I'm not sure there is a ton of confidence for parts of the area when it comes to snowfall amounts. 

i agree with all of that. I was just basing it off the fact that NJ (PHI) went up yesterday. I expected them to either be up now or PM Monday monday

2 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Its been a decade since we got to track something like this in December. 

Wow i just read the watch for NJ. Ive never seen an early watch that says 12" or more possible. They always go with the criteria 6" or more possible..or they do a range. Never seen 12. Should be getting watches region wide in an hour or so if NJ went up yesterday evening.

* WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations of 12
  inches or more possible.

I’ve lived in nw jersey all my life and don’t think I have ever seen them put 12 or more in their first issued watch 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

4 hours ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Wed-Thu blizzard.

This is probably the earliest i've made a first call with around 3 days to go. Updates to follow. Capped it at 20 as i dont like going into the 20s, 24, 30 etc until we get close to the event and see "the whites of its eyes" as they say. Plenty of time to adjust. I like when maps take 20 minutes to make its nice and simple. That may change though.

12.16.20_snow_forecast.jpg

That's a sight for sore eyes.