• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

9 minutes ago, friedmators said:

99/100 with the LP over SNJ I would think the ML would get flooded with warmth basically everywhere. The high is strong but is it that strong?

It’s the mid level low tracks that matter. If those go west of you, almost definite that you will mix and/or dryslot. Surface highs don’t stop that from happening. The high matters for the surface cold. 

1 minute ago, Snowlover11 said:

100% thats almost always the case. upper manhattan could see 8-10” while brooklyn sees 5-8” depends where in brooklyn, obviously the closer you are to the coast the less amount could/would verify.

I think honestly north Bronx could get 12 and JFK 5 in this setup. Really depends how far the dry slot and sleet line get. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

Meso's like RGEM and Nam cannot be disregarded at this point but I too would like to see an ever so slight eastward shift. 

Both are technically a bit beyond their range.   They won't be grossly wrong but they might have overcorrected 30 miles or so which would result in a massive change for some areas.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HeadInTheClouds said:

NWS Albany was talking 14:1 I think by us. I think this map includes ratios. 

BGM still talking between 12 and 14:1 as well. Pretty good I'd say. Helps limit power issues to a nonzero but quite limited factor and will be so much easier to clear. More concerned with areas closer to NYC and on coasts that do snow, paste bomb.