• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

Just now, jm1220 said:

I'd normally :axe: if a low was headed into Cape May but this airmass we can probably afford it. The confluence would likely send it east from there. Disregard snow maps, from this range we're looking at the overall evolution. 

Some of these tucked in lows have produced the most in the past if the right setup/airmass is in place. 

Hoping for a nice Euro run tonight to round things up.

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Some of these tucked in lows have produced the most in the past if the right setup/airmass is in place. 

Hoping for a nice Euro run tonight to round things up.

Yup but only tucked in to a point. Beyond Cape May and NYC south/east gets nervous. But as of now we have the huge high and confluent upper air pattern to help keep that from happening-forces the low east. 

I would normally temper expectations this far out but usually when there's such a strong model consensus within 5 days and at least some room for error to work with, it's a strong indication that this should be at least a significant snow event for a good portion of the area. There's still lots that can go wrong, but the excitement is starting to build.

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

I would normally temper expectations this far out but usually when there's such a strong model consensus within 5 days and at least some room for error to work with, it's a strong indication that this should be at least a significant snow event for a good portion of the area. There's still lots that can go wrong, but the excitement is starting to build.

GFS picked this up when it was at hr. 256.  Unusual to still be there even now.

34 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Not sure I can recall such model consensus 5-days out from the GFS/CMC/UK for a major winter storm for the Philly-NYC region.  I assume the Euro will still show such a storm too.  Let's hope this one isn't only a digital snowstorm.  

Make that GFS/CMC/UK/Euro consensus.  Boom!  Euro also shows 1-3" along 95 and 3-5" NW of 95 in NJ/EPA/SENY on Monday.