Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,039
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020


wdrag

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the NAM, I reviewed the Skew-T's for some sneaky warm-layers.

We need to keep an eye on the 725-775 MB levels near the coast, as that is where it will go above freezing, if at all.

I pulled a point over LI for reference, and while the 18z briefly got that layer above freezing, the 00z never did, so it was definitively colder with no (or very, very minimal) sleet on Central LI. 

I saw the RGEM is a monster hit as well.

Models always underdo CAD at the surface... though they also tend to underdo mid-level warming, so that's definitely something to keep a close eye on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...