Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,039
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020


wdrag

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS as of late has been doing too much waffling for my liking, while the EURO has been holding steadfast with a hugger solution. I’m not buying the EURO either. My gut tells me in the end there will be a compromise between the two models. Something similar what the EPS depicts where the low exits off Delmarva/ Cape May followed by a motion ENE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

The GFS as of late has been doing too much waffling for my liking, while the EURO has been holding steadfast with a hugger solution. I’m not buying the EURO either. My gut tells me in the end there will be a compromise between the two models. Something similar what the EPS depicts where the low exits off Delmarva/ Cape May followed by a motion ENE.

Yes, for now, a blend of guidance makes sense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

The GFS as of late has been doing too much waffling for my liking, while the EURO has been holding steadfast with a hugger solution. I’m not buying the EURO either. My gut tells me in the end there will be a compromise between the two models. Something similar what the EPS depicts where the low exits off Delmarva/ Cape May followed by a motion ENE.

Actually yesterdays 12Z run was more surpressed on the Euro. There is no hugger solution anyway in terms of our area, it's a hugger up until it reaches Southern NJ and then gets slammed east by confluence, 0Z Euro I am pretty sure was all snow for NYC Metro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, JoshSnow said:

I hope so I like the eps 6z and cmc 12z they are ideal for New York City. Maybe another 15-20 miles more East and even Long Island can get hit pretty hard 

I posted the GFS cold bias earlier in this thread. The model loves to push the baroclinic zone too far S and E. So the storms end up too suppressed.

A38FB352-78DF-47B4-BCBB-4F50A2CF1A02.thumb.png.d7e71e595e6ff031e1287f0c4f30b841.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...