• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Major Nor'easter snow storm (possible top 20) Noon Wednesday-Noon Thursday Dec 16-17, 2020

wdrag

9 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Absolutely!  The questions continue going forward,  will it hold? I took a look at the 500MB pattern at 84 hours...modeling a 140 kt jet up over Quebec Wednesday evening and plenty of sw flow back to OHIO at 500MB. I'm pretty sure this says northern solution.

Watch Forky be right and it ends up being a big rainstorm.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, White Gorilla said:

Nope.  Not gonna happen.  Could it be possible?  It's 2020.  I will leave it right there. 

I am much more worried about a whiff up here near 84. 

My fear as well, still being maintained into this morning. 0z runs tonight will be key for us. Even if a relative whiff happens I'd think we'd still be good for 3-6".

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The NAM solution doesn’t make a whole lot of sense nor does many of the Euro members solely because systems evolving in such a pattern like this have never gone snow-mix or rain-snow at the coast.  At least nothing that I can remember in the last 30-40 years.  This is why more likely than not either this is going to split the difference between the EPS/NAM and GEFS idea or it’s going to continue ticking further NW  

I was thinking March 2017 where we saw snow to heavy sleet and back to snow just west of the city. 

Just now, greenmtnwx said:

Actually Forky already flipped and said he feels that suppression is the bigger risk now and this will stay S and E. I guess if he says both one will be right lol.

Forky never forecasted a rain storm.   He trolled and wished it would rain though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Its time to start thinking before you post, everyone. Discuss the models and impacts here...and if discussing a specific model, please post it as well. Leave the gut calls, personal nonsense, and the psychiatry in the banter thread.

That includes saying a model is wrong in its output without an explanation of why said model is showing something that “cant happen”.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

No way in hell with this setup in the North Atlantic and SE Canada does this become a rainstorm. I don’t care what the RGEM is showing

The RGEM is likely too far west but that tells us the GGEM will probably be close to the same idea.  The RGEM usually at this range portends what the GGEM will show