• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

December 5-6, 2020 Storm Observations and Nowcast

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

Ripping and getting windy. Definite nor’easter feel but I think this ends up a hair short of memorable, at least around here. Don’t think widespread power problems manifest themselves. 

dom, u think we stay all snow or we flipping rain? not sure if this is almost over, need to move a loader

Ripping and getting windy. Definite nor’easter feel but I think this ends up a hair short of memorable, at least around here. Don’t think widespread power problems manifest themselves. 

Agreed. Snow growth is horrid next store in Tyngsboro.

I was back at my old home in MD for the last 6 weeks, but now I just arrived back in RI, an hour and a half ago, just in time for changeover to snow. I was going to return  tomorrow, but I bumped it up a day for obvious reasons.

So far, so good. Coming down heavily while I’m out for a jebwalk.0

• Like 1

Huh. Switched to snow (big fat flakes) here on the beach of the West Bay in RI. Didn't think we'd see any out of this storm. 

Temp down to 34° Winds gusting to 41 mph. 

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lights flickered...rarely happens here.

Did your old neighborhood (currently mby) have underground power lines? And your current neighborhood? I understand underground lines significantly minimize risks of weather outages, but they're expensive to maintain and repair.

We lost power for ~ 8 hours last night... not fun, especially with an infant.

Just got home as the commahead has not really panned out like it seemed it would, and BOY am I EVER glad I went driving today.  

Example: Wrentham, MA, just 5 minutes up the road to the NE = Winter Wonderland.  3”-4”, Perfect Snow.

Here: 1.5” on SOME surfaces, Many surfaces have 0”.   

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Funny....350' elevation up here did nothing...I drove up the "hill" about an hour ago..

Haha I never noticed a difference in snow totals elevation wise in my 20+ years of living in Methuen. Every once in a while there was a pretty sick gradient between the west side of town bordering Dracut and the east side bordering Haverhill though. I used to always take the dog up old Methuen ski hill during some marginal storms looking for a difference in snow with a little elevation but never found it. 

3 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Back edge expanding a bit last few frames, sign of it slowing down a bit? 

These storms always do that. They usually end quickly in far western New England, but they tend to love to pivot back moderate to heavy bands as they mature and pull away. So it ends up snowing hours longer than thought . From about 91 east 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

1.25"

Kinda surprised you’re only at 1.25’’. Not that far from here and same elevation. 

4 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Did your old neighborhood (currently mby) have underground power lines? And your current neighborhood? I understand underground lines significantly minimize risks of weather outages, but their expensive to maintain and repair.

We lost power for ~ 8 hours last night... not fun, especially with an infant.

Congrats on the baby!  Old hood was mainly underground but above ground here.  No flickers in the past few minutes thankfully.   The old hood lost power all the time ironically 

11 minutes ago, 512high said:

dom, u think we stay all snow or we flipping rain? not sure if this is almost over, need to move a loader

Def snow. 

• Thanks 1