Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020-2021 Banter

Rtd208

6 minutes ago, North and West said:

1. Who are these people who come out of the woodwork when a storm is approaching

2. We brought home a puppy yesterday, so we’re anticipating at least a foot in MMU, maybe double that just because of the puppy.

but you're keeping the puppy inside during the storm hopefully!  be sure to post pics of the puppy staring at the snow falling outside lol

• Like 1

but you're keeping the puppy inside during the storm hopefully!  be sure to post pics of the puppy staring at the snow falling outside lol

We got the call from eleventh hour rescue in Succasunna on Friday evening, that he was coming up from Georgia. Suffice it to say, he will be getting a dog sweater.

Will post a picture as soon as the app allows!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, North and West said:

We got the call from eleventh hour rescue in Succasunna on Friday evening, that he was coming up from Georgia. Suffice it to say, he will be getting a dog sweater.

Will post a picture as soon as the app allows!

glad you were able to get him!  a lot of those southern shelters aren't no kill shelters like the ones we have up here

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm always left in awe reading recollections from the old-timers of storms half a century or more in the past. I desperately wish my mind worked that way... after a couple seasons, almost all events just blend together in my head. 

I used to work with a guy who seemed to know all these details about anything and everything, spoke with confidence...I started googling what he was saying...let’s just say it was a bit off from reality. I’m not accusing anyone here of that just making a point. While the big ones tend to rent some space in my head part of the reason I keep records is so that I can go back and recall the details. 

• Like 1

glad you were able to get him!  a lot of those southern shelters aren't no kill shelters like the ones we have up here

Sounds like a lot of rescues up here get them from the South because of what you said.

Also... this weekend is my classic wintertime deep scientific analytical breakdown between buying a new snowblower and getting a new dog fighting it out like air masses.

Just now, IrishRob17 said:

I used to work with a guy who seemed to know all these details about anything and everything, spoke with confidence...I started googling what he was saying...let’s just say it was a bit off from reality. I’m not accusing anyone here of that just making a point. While the big ones tend to rent some space in my head part of the reason I keep records is so that I can go back and recall the details. 

yup thats why I keep records too, also we have these boards to look things up lol

• Like 1

Just now, North and West said:

Sounds like a lot of rescues up here get them from the South because of what you said.

Also... this weekend is my classic wintertime deep scientific analytical breakdown between buying a new snowblower and getting a new dog fighting it out like air masses.

getting  a new dog= higher chances of snow

buying a new snowblower= lower chances of snow

I think you did the right thing ;)

• Like 1

the sauce is on the stove.  the meatballs--60% lamb, 40% beef, pecorino romano--are smelling up my 30 sqft Piscataway closet apartment.  three huge yellow onions, a bulb of garlic, tomato paste and whole peeled tomatoes, oregano, basil, bay leaves.  couple sausages because i'm worth it.  fresh pasta locked and loaded.  rum and coke in the glass.  it's a sin to live this well.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Will - Rutgers said:

the sauce is on the stove.  the meatballs--60% lamb, 40% beef, pecorino romano--are smelling up my 30 sqft Piscataway closet apartment.  three huge yellow onions, a bulb of garlic, tomato paste and whole peeled tomatoes, oregano, basil, bay leaves.  couple sausages because i'm worth it.  fresh pasta locked and loaded.  rum and coke in the glass.  it's a sin to live this well.

Live your best life girl frand.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sussexcountyobs said:

Just was watching Jen Carfagno on WC. ( SO HOT!) She is in Madison Square Park in NYC. Not sure where that is? But anyway, it is snowing so much heavier here than there. 

See, this is the stuff I don't like... the same thing happened yesterday when someone posted Amy Freeze's forecast and we had to reflect on her hotness. Show a little bit of decorum, gentlemen. The weather boards are an enormous sausage fest – to our detriment – and we would do well to make any women feel more, not less, comfortable pursuing the study of meteorology, free from fear that they'll be judged by hotness and not skill.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

See, this is the stuff I don't like... the same thing happened yesterday when someone posted Amy Freeze's forecast and we had to reflect on her hotness. Show a little bit of decorum, gentlemen. The weather boards are an enormous sausage fest – to our detriment – and we would do well to make any women feel more, not less, comfortable pursuing the study of meteorology, free from fear that they'll be judged by hotness and not skill.

the world would be a FAR better place if we were all vegan

12 hours ago, Will - Rutgers said:

It would be a mortal sin not to. As always ....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Perhaps the purveyors of the fest are legends in their own minds. If so, it might be all they have. Pity since the atmosphere is so thrilling regardless of who is reporting on it. As always ....

• Like 1