• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, friedmators said:

RGEM is still a torch. 

I was just looking at the rgem soundings under the death band and it has really steep lapse rates from sfc to 925mb...it’s just not credible. That should literally be isothermal under that type of precip.

If 925 was a torch then it would be more believable....and as an aside, the rgem is a little warmer at 925 than other guidance but not enough to explain all the rain. It is still getting below 0C in that level. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I was just looking at the rgem soundings under the death band and it has really steep lapse rates from sfc to 925mb...it’s just not credible. That should literally be isothermal under that type of precip.

If 925 was a torch then it would be more believable....and as an aside, the rgem is a little warmer at 925 than other guidance but not enough to explain all the rain. It is still getting below 0C in that level. 

GFS is suspicious of some of that. Last night’s 00z was comical

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sounds like the gfs of yore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The HRRR was upgraded recently right? Are you guys trusting it? I have always known it to run kinda warm.

I have found it to be awful, PF loves it so this is a test after the 12/2 upgrade.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Not liking this 00z RGEM...

It’s been a furnace but it’s been awful too.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Same QPF jack from ORH to SE NH, but everything else shifted east a bit. I'm running out of wiggle room.

It’s a narrow ribbon with a sharp cutoff on the north and south side.

I'm glad this event will likely pan out for most I wasn't too optimistic on it a few days ago where it appeared like it would cut but it seems that the LP slowed and phased with nrn stream when it was over TN Valley putting it on a favorable track for most. It appeared at first the LP needed to dig further south when it was over TX to get any sort of chance but looks like nrn stream came to the rescue and took it under its wing. Hoping the GFS resolves itself for ern MA to make this an all inclusive event for everyone.

2 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

I'm glad this event will likely pan out for most I wasn't too optimistic on it a few days ago where it appeared like it would cut but it seems that the LP slowed and phased with nrn stream when it was over TN Valley putting it on a favorable track for most. It appeared at first the LP needed to dig further south when it was over TX to get any sort of chance but looks like nrn stream came to the rescue and took it under its wing. Hoping the GFS resolves itself for ern MA to make this an all inclusive event for everyone.

Might be a little too far east for Texas given all the ticks.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Might be a little too far east for Texas given all the ticks.

Lol just a bit. I've been here for over 5 yrs and haven't had more than a coating in the metroplex, thankfully (considering nobody knows how to handle winter precip here) nor do they have the resources to treat the roads. Dreading my first freezing rain event here though between the power outages and poor road conditions in the event I have to drive into work. Last one was in March 2015 right before I got here so DFW is due, just a matter of when.