• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The model threads pre-subforums on Eastern were brutal. We used to troll Nikolai and Ji when the GFS was smoking the mid-Atlantic at D4-5...we’d say “about perfect spot for SNE 4 days out” and it would cause anarchy in the threads. 

Oh god, the "north trend." The models don't even give them digital snow anymore, I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Oh god, the "north trend." The models don't even give them digital snow anymore, I'm afraid.

Yeah the models definitely have shedded some of the extreme biases they used to have. The GFS was so bad with the southeast bias on coastals. 

Those threads got brutal. We definitely had some SNE posters who loved to poke the hornets nest. Fun times though looking back. I usually restrained myself though...I was always the naive optimist trying to get everyone to get along...LOL. I’d go into the mid-Atlantic threads when it looked good for them...I liked discussing the technical stuff with Wes. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The model threads pre-subforums on Eastern were brutal. We used to troll Nikolai and Ji when the GFS was smoking the mid-Atlantic at D4-5...we’d say “about perfect spot for SNE 4 days out” and it would cause anarchy in the threads. 

Remember that dude who lived in like Caribou ME? I think it was the valentines day ‘07 storm (?) where he posted his own map basically croaking all of interior new england when all the models were out to sea at that point? And he pretty much verified? Lololol

• Haha 1

Just now, Arnold214 said:

Remember that dude who lived in like Caribou ME? I think it was the valentines day ‘07 storm (?) where he posted his own map basically croaking all of interior new england when all the models were out to sea at that point? And he pretty much verified? Lololol

Yeah that was Will from St Agatha ME...LOL. I think he moved to the UP of Michigan on the Keweena peninsula. 

I guess he likes to find the most brutal cold/snowy spots in the CONUS east of the Mississippi. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah that was Will from St Agatha ME...LOL. I think he moved to the UP of Michigan on the Keweena peninsula. 

I guess he likes to find the most brutal cold/snowy spots in the CONUS east of the Mississippi. 

Yep, that’s him. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Btw I still have that ridiculous map posted by “edh1981” where he colored over all the state borders and you could barely read anything. I saved it and somehow transferred it through several computers all this time. 

I believe it had Puerto Rico and Hawaii on it for some reason too.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I also have the pic of Zonties posting the yard stick upside down in the feb 2006 blizzard thinking he had 23” when it was really 13”. 

I was just gonna mention that lol. I had forgotten his user name tho. He was a disaster in off-topic. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

I miss the weenie maps. There used to be dedicated threads for that, and they were hilarious. I have always believed in letting the weenies express themselves a little. Many now-great posters here started out as horrible weenies despised by most. It's a rite of passage.

I beat out Brick Tamland for WOTY in 2009 hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2