Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

December Discobs 2020

Just now, losetoa6 said:

It was 27 with heavy frost about 6am .

same. very frosty here too

Just got back from walking the dog.  Areas which get little or no sun were glazed, i'm presuming because of frozen fog.    Some driveways which get no  direct sun were all ice. 

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Sub 1/4mi vis fog

It’s mostly burned off here but was stupid think right when the sun came up

1 minute ago, wxdude64 said:

24.4 after a 23.9 low here, frosty

Frosty here too.  I slipped on the 4x4 wooden garden border and almost took a header checking the rain gauge.  29 here now. 

1.03" total yesterday's storm. 

Just now, nw baltimore wx said:

Frosty here too.  I slipped on the 4x4 wooden garden border and almost took a header checking the rain gauge.  29 here now. 

1.03" total yesterday's storm. 

People don't realize that frost IS ice, easy to do. Least you didn't bite the dust! 1.09 total here btw.

Unpopular personal opinion: It seems that we are dealing with anomalously warm ocean waters into late December more and more. I am not sure this is a normal cyclic thing or part of climate change (I happen to believe the latter), but if this persists we are going to have to learn to accept more mixing events and savor the rare cold powder storms. It seems that our winter climo is really changing for the worse in these parts for snow lovers over the past 20 years. 

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Unpopular personal opinion: It seems that we are dealing with anomalously warm ocean waters into late December more and more. I am not sure this is a normal cyclic thing or part of climate change (I happen to believe the latter), but if this persists we are going to have to learn to accept more mixing events and savor the rare cold powder storms. It seems that our winter climo is really changing for the worse in these parts for snow lovers over the past 20 years. 

Ive lived here and tracked weather for over 50 years.  And I totally agree with this 100%. Without a doubt our winters

are becoming warmer and less snowy.   Noting scientific, just years and years of observation.