joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

5 minutes ago, DTWXRISK said:

no one with a brain  should  ever look at  the  EPS  or GEFS  control runs

the only met   I know that does that is a ****ing  idiot Henry M

Good thing it's Thursday. I can't seem to find my brain on any other day of the week

15 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Icon is a decent hit Monday .:snowing:

Howard county lollie bullseye 5.5 inches 

A bit of atmospheric memory on this one? Lol (thinking about how the southern regions got more rain lollies the last couple of months). Of course this snow greedy Baltimorian wants things to inch just a little further north! :D

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Haha. What a fun track. I ended up with 22” in DC.

Not to mention the easiest tracking ever...rock-steady agreement for like 7-8 days. Like...when does that ever happen? Lol It was like...okay, it's gonna snow, it's gonna snow big...get your shovels out--no doubts with that one!

2 hours ago, Snowchaser said:

I agree. It will be hard for snow in Virginia on Monday. But West Virginia near Snowshoe could see a nice snow event

Yea, it looks pretty good for a pasting. They do well when layers look marginal elsewhere.

28 minutes ago, LP08 said:

C39B26F9-2946-4786-9A5B-D21A1C060091.png

Icon always has issues with precip shield modeling. In reality, the wave is too progressive at h5 and doesn’t support that type of expansive shield to the NW. I call bs

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

The 2m 0c line is up in southern Canada Monday afternoon as precip is nearby on the 00z GFS.  

Here's the sounding as the precipitation is just brushing DC.  Wet-bulb 0C altitude is around 950mb.  IF you had some heavy precipitation and could wet bulb down, that's  probably some slush bombs, etc.  Airmass is pretty crappy, but the thread-the-needle possibility is there, particularly for the northern burbs.  

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/sounding/?model=gfs&runtime=2020121100&fh=90&lat=38.94&lon=-77.04&stationID=&tc=&mode=regular

• Thanks 1

I don't get the excitement for the Monday thing..maybe it's just me.  The mid week thing is what I'm looking for.  GFS has the High a little slower...which I think is a good thing.  Looks more pronounced with CAD so far
A few eps members crushed us Monday. Like 5 out of 50

What’s everyone’s take on gfs vs euro and cmc? Which usually wins out in these types of scenarios. Gfs is more or less nuisance event with low taking off too late and/or has a big dry slot come through southern portions of forum. 
Id take the new dr no. Gfs.

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

High pressure on the GFS just keeps getting colder.  I like that.  Can't get the handoff to the coast right yet, but it's not far off.  I'm good with the run overall.  

I doubt we should expect the Gfs to handle that perfectly at this range anyways.  It’s trending better with the things that matter most. I agree. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic