Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

LWX Winter Threat 7 is currently at "Yellow"/Slight for west of 95 and the mountains.   I don't think outside the mountains last year had anything but Green.  :raining:

D7_WinterThreat.png

I think there is one day in January where my area and west were yellow, got 5 or 6 out of that one. pretty much the only good event up this way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, jaydreb said:

Yeah, when the Euro, GFS and ensembles all agree on something at range, plus it fits the overall pattern, that is a pretty typical signal for our bigger storms.  

Yup. Just remember the calendar and adjust accordingly. But a really nice 12z suite. 6 days to go. 

Mount Holly mentions the potential in their AFD..

On Tuesday into Wednesday, an area of low pressure is forecast to move up the southeast coast into the Mid Atlantic region. The current track from the model guidance keeps the low right along the coast. This would bring precipitation to the entire forecast area starting Wednesday morning, and continuing into Wednesday night. As of now, it looks like this would be a rain/snow event. As always, the track will determine the p-types. But it looks like much of the area could see some snow at some point during the evening, with an accumulating snow possible for some areas. We`re still a week away, so we`ll have several changes before then, but definitely worth watching.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep... to me it looks like some possible snow n+w verbatim especially with that track  .  Its close and icon thermals don't seem to be the best normally. 

Gfs and euro both have 850 cold enough but below that is pretty torched. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic