Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Medium/Long Range Discussion

yoda

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

So we are out to January now? The storm after the storm after the storm? 

It's not the same as the last several years, though...where we were always looking Day 10-15 just for improvement in the larger signals. This time around, the larger signals are moving up in time...and thus, better reason to actually start believing in potential that could be 2-3 weeks away...and promising signs of continuing potential beyond that. So this time we wait  a little longer  for the further development of a pattern that's already building...and start looking at legit chances!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

Don't panic Ji!!

1609696800-8dmM5a69imQ.png

Ya know, I'm really starting to think that these snow maps are bad for the snow psyche...seriously (especially this far out). I think they can, subconsciously, create a false sense of reality. Some see 10 inches on the pretty snow map, and maybe there's a subconscious thought/feeling of "hey I actually HAVE 10 inches!), then you see 3 on the next run, and it's "oh no, it got taken away". It just makes level headed analysis on any threat or pattern more difficult, imo

14 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Ya know, I'm really starting to think that these snow maps are bad for the snow psyche...seriously (especially this far out). I think they can, subconsciously, create a false sense of reality. Some see 10 inches on the pretty snow map, and maybe there's a subconscious thought/feeling of "hey I actually HAVE 10 inches!), then you see 3 on the next run, and it's "oh no, it got taken away". It just makes level headed analysis on any threat or pattern more difficult, imo

The first step is admitting you have a problem. Imma head out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Haha basically explains my entire time here during that late Dec 2017 pattern that DT kept woofing about. I remember posting all of the ensemble snow means and freaking out about how they were 6"+ 10 days out. In reality? I think I got 0.8" from that pattern. In all honestly I'm not sure how you guys managed to put up with 14 year old me :p but nowadays I reserve my snowfall map postings to just 4 a day :) way healthier

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic